Author Topic: NYPD cop (115th Pct) points gun at waitress’s head in Queens karaoke lounge  (Read 956 times)

Offline shazza09

• Resident
Ha. I guess I need to go to a Karaoke lounge to see my local cops at work. They are certainly not on the Jackson Heights streets! Shameful.

Offline Fedup

• Resident
Thanks for your comment, Shazza. It says a LOT about this “community” when over 370 people view what I posted and only one replies. Where is the outrage? Ooooooh that’s right! You’re not outraged because it’s not a drug dealer on YOUR street or a robbery in YOUR bodega.

Offline toddg

• Mayor
  • Lived here since: 2002
The police officer did a terrible thing.   He was suspended and charged for it.  I hope this ends his law enforcement career.  If not, I'll share your outrage.  For the time being, I'm pleased that the authorities acted appropriately.   

But that's just my view.  I'm sure some of the 370 people who read this had their own reactions.  I expect that many of them chose to keep their views private rather than post them to a forum where others are spoiling for a fight.  Throwing taunts out into the wind when nobody responds to your post doesn't help create a climate where people feel welcome to express their views.

Offline abcdefghijk

• Mayor
Thanks for your comment, Shazza. It says a LOT about this “community” when over 370 people view what I posted and only one replies. Where is the outrage? Ooooooh that’s right! You’re not outraged because it’s not a drug dealer on YOUR street or a robbery in YOUR bodega.

I believe that folks are simply overwhelmed by the corruption and bad behavior by the many, many authorities who have been placed in positions of authority in society. It seems outrage fatigue has set in.

Offline itsit

• Mayor
 Agreed. It's a pile on of bad behavior. And who to complain to regarding correcting it all? It's for
a lack of compassion but true confusion and uncertainty about who and what will matter when speaking up.

Offline sl

• Council Member

Take it easy dude. I’m sure everyone is outraged by this but choose not to post a comment.

Offline Lilybell

• Mayor

Way to ingratiate yourself by insulting your neighbors. Your post was nothing new to us - anyone who has lived in this neighborhood for a few years knows the 115th is a crappy precinct. I read the article, thought "ok, that's not good" and went about my day. What more do you want from us? I'm not going to comment if I don't have anything other than "ugh, that sucks" to write.  If you are so upset, make sure you attend the next meeting with the 115th's community liaison. Not that it will make a difference; they are full of empty promises.

Offline dssjh

• Mayor
it's no different from any other precinct. there are some great cops, lots and lots of mediocre ones, and some horrible ones at every station house. just look at reports of off duty drunk driving, bar fights, domestic abuse arrests ... offset to some degree by reports of heroism that we often take for granted.

Offline Lilybell

• Mayor
My dad was a police captain and didn't want me to move to JH because of the 115th. He said they have terrible leadership and it trickles down. He was not prone to exaggeration (quite the opposite).

Jackson Heights Life