Author Topic: Roosevelt Ave/74th Street Subway Station  (Read 979 times)

Offline hum@njukebox1

• Activist
Roosevelt Ave/74th Street Subway Station
« on: September 25, 2019, 11:13:16 PM »
There are literally pigeon droppings on the turnstiles that have been there for I don't know how long.  The window ledges just beyond the turnstiles are covered with pigeon droppings.  Beyond the disgust, could this pose a health hazard?  I cannot believe these conditions would be tolerated on the upper east side or anywhere in Manhattan for that matter.  Why do they exist here?  And.........what can be done about it?

Offline toddg

• Mayor
  • Lived here since: 2002
Re: Roosevelt Ave/74th Street Subway Station
« Reply #1 on: September 26, 2019, 07:19:51 AM »
For what it's worth, the MTA does have a Customer Feedback form here: https://new.mta.info/customer-feedback

Offline hum@njukebox1

• Activist
« Reply #2 on: September 26, 2019, 05:15:22 PM »
It's worth a shot.  Thanks.

Offline itsit

• Mayor
« Reply #3 on: September 27, 2019, 10:14:16 AM »
 I am going to complain here too because this station is so dirty! Pigeon crap and layers of grime
on so many areas. Nothing feels clean there. Its a huge cultural shock if you take the F Train and
get off at the new station on 63rd and transfer uptown. The station is huge and clean and has
artwork and wide enough platforms for the commuters. We are getting shafted here in JH.

Offline hum@njukebox1

• Activist
« Reply #4 on: September 27, 2019, 10:42:59 AM »
I totally agree.....and thanks for the support.  The MTA customer feedback form was fairly easy to use, but there were no choices that specifically addressed pigeon droppings.  There is a place at the end to write a little something detailing your complaint. 

The Jackson Heights station has an interesting design and could be so cool if it was clean and kept up nicely. 

Offline Jeffsayyes

• Mayor
    • Jeffrey Tastes
« Reply #5 on: September 27, 2019, 12:11:10 PM »
You're probably better off sending a picture to a news station

Offline 80JHer

• Citizen
« Reply #6 on: September 27, 2019, 12:39:32 PM »
Not to mention the homeless.  This morning, diversity plaza entrance had the most I ever remember seeing.  At least 6 dudes all along the corridor

Offline odyshape

• Resident
« Reply #7 on: September 27, 2019, 01:22:27 PM »
Not to mention the homeless.  This morning, diversity plaza entrance had the most I ever remember seeing.  At least 6 dudes all along the corridor

Comparing homeless people to filth is deplorable.

Offline ZzzzzZzzzzz

• Tourist
  • Lived here since: 2015
« Reply #8 on: September 27, 2019, 03:52:34 PM »
You can also reach out to the Group Station Manager - There are signs around the station- about the issues.  That was part of Andy Byford's changes and should garner some sort of response.

Anyone have any idea why there is no street-level entrance on Broadway and 74th when you transfer from the 7 to the EFMR?  I never understand why, if you are getting off the 7 at the far end of the platform they have you go down two flights, all the way underground to come back up a flight to exit.  There is literally a wall where an additional entrance should be. 

Offline itsit

• Mayor
« Reply #9 on: September 27, 2019, 04:26:47 PM »
 This is an excellent question. And one that I think some people solve by using the far
ends of the station so as to spend the least time in the maze. I know that Jimmy Van
 Braemer did some powerwash type cleaning in his district that his funds paid for.
Maybe we could get the same done here in JH?

And yes, a news station inquiry would be good...

Jackson Heights Life

« Reply #9 on: September 27, 2019, 04:26:47 PM »