Get Connected > Jackson Heights of Yesteryear

Bruno's on the Boulevard

(1/1)

JHMNY:
I've been meaning to post about Bruno's closure, but just getting to it now. Along with the long-gone Dante's Catering, Bruno's was also long-standing in the community. I'm not sure how many years they were in operation, but I know that at a minimum, it dates back to the 1980's. Kind of sad to see it now gone. I know many people celebrated special occasions there.

dssjh:
i'd never been there, as i'd been to Dante's, but it's always sad to see a longtime business, a unique one, go under.

Beech Court:
I was raised on that side of the neighborhood. My older sister's wedding reception was at Bruno's. It was quite a nice place in it's time. Dante's was around even longer than Bruno's and we had nice family events there too.

rhydewithdis:

--- Quote from: Beech Court on October 23, 2020, 09:36:29 PM ---I was raised on that side of the neighborhood. My older sister's wedding reception was at Bruno's. It was quite a nice place in it's time. Dante's was around even longer than Bruno's and we had nice family events there too.

--- End quote ---
same! grew up on 87th street and worked at the McDonald's on 88th Street while in High School.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version