Author Topic: Prostitution sting, Roosevelt Ave  (Read 1559 times)

Offline Shelby2

• Global Moderator
  • Mayor
Prostitution sting, Roosevelt Ave
« on: August 09, 2019, 02:24:54 PM »
I'm glad they have undercover cops out doing this. Hoping this will clean up the streets.

https://www.nydailynews.com/new-york/nyc-crime/ny-transit-worker-busted-queens-prostitute-20190809-t5bro4pjvvclvipie733odpqe4-story.html

Here's a similar article in case the Daily News one is behind a paywall. https://nypost.com/2019/08/09/mta-subway-conductor-busted-for-soliciting-a-prostitute/

Offline JK resident

• Mayor
Re: Prostitution sting, Roosevelt Ave
« Reply #1 on: August 09, 2019, 06:17:05 PM »
I remember this was being done at 75th street. Around the corner is the van with all the Johns.

Offline JHHD

• Resident
« Reply #2 on: August 09, 2019, 07:37:25 PM »
So did they bust one guy and call it a day? I'm not sure that's going to deter much.  Perhaps some uniformed officers on the street might make a bigger impact.

Offline Shelby2

• Global Moderator
  • Mayor
« Reply #3 on: August 09, 2019, 07:47:03 PM »
So did they bust one guy and call it a day? I'm not sure that's going to deter much.  Perhaps some uniformed officers on the street might make a bigger impact.

I’m not sure why you’re assuming that. The sting operation has a name (second article). I doubt they’d bother to come up with a plan, name the operation, bust one guy and then shut it down.

Offline dssjh

• Mayor
« Reply #4 on: August 09, 2019, 08:19:58 PM »
cops tend to go easy on johns, harder on the sex workers. but i would imagine there's more happening. and i think undercover cops are better than uniformed ones if you want to rack up arrests. uniformed cops are a good deterrent, but undercover would seem to be better suited to this sort of operation.

Offline 80JHer

• Citizen
« Reply #5 on: August 09, 2019, 10:52:46 PM »
Here’s a hot tip cops...
Spend 5 minutes on the corner of 79th and Roosevelt.  Not hard police work, you can find the same men on google earth.  They never leave.   Do your job.  Stop wasting time and go after the obvious!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Offline KGDHP

• Citizen
« Reply #6 on: August 10, 2019, 01:36:48 AM »
Here’s a hot tip cops...
Spend 5 minutes on the corner of 79th and Roosevelt.  Not hard police work, you can find the same men on google earth.  They never leave.   Do your job.  Stop wasting time and go after the obvious!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

LOLLLLLL a couple times recently I walked by and they weren't there. Perhaps they just were on PTO. But sadly I walked by this week and they're back and bolder than ever. There was a 4th guy. It's ridiculous!

Offline Beherenow

• Citizen
« Reply #7 on: August 10, 2019, 03:38:13 PM »
Here’s a hot tip cops...

I'm glad to see they are trying to go after the johns and then leaking it to media.  They can always find people to service the customers.  They need to eliminate the customer base.

Offline petster

• Council Member
« Reply #8 on: August 10, 2019, 08:05:27 PM »
I think eliminating the customer base  will be impactful. It requires consistent on ongoing operations however if it is to be effective.

Offline dssjh

• Mayor
« Reply #9 on: August 10, 2019, 09:28:21 PM »
Here’s a hot tip cops...

I'm glad to see they are trying to go after the johns and then leaking it to media.  They can always find people to service the customers.  They need to eliminate the customer base.

eliminating mens' desire for sex. a winning plan.

Offline Jhx

• Activist
« Reply #10 on: August 10, 2019, 11:28:23 PM »
Of course, enforcing existing laws would be a start. Than maybe Roosevelt Ave wouldn’t be so attractive to this, and other illegal activities. Pretty simple and effective. 

Jackson Heights Life

« Reply #10 on: August 10, 2019, 11:28:23 PM »