Author Topic: Aroma Brazil - 75th Street & Roosevelt Ave  (Read 728 times)

Offline JH3525

• Council Member
Aroma Brazil - 75th Street & Roosevelt Ave
« on: July 17, 2019, 07:49:15 AM »
Yesterday at about 1 PM, I was near Aroma Brazil (food sold by weight) and I decided to bring home some lunch.  I took home a small container of mixed grilled vegetables   When I got to the register, I was surprised at a price of $11.60 including tax.  I have a kitchen scale at home and the container weight was 12.6 ounces.  This was my first visit to this buffet style restaurant.  The food was very good but not the price.  If there was a sign indicating price per pound, I didn't notice it. 

Offline Jeffsayyes

• Mayor
    • Jeffrey Tastes
Re: Aroma Brazil - 75th Street & Roosevelt Ave
« Reply #1 on: July 17, 2019, 08:05:55 AM »
next time come with a 1 lb weight

Offline dssjh

• Mayor
« Reply #2 on: July 17, 2019, 08:52:44 AM »
there are several signs indicating per pound prices in the place. i know there's one near the buffet itself, and i think there's one by the register. there's a surcharge if you take only seafood, but i don't think there's a discount for purchasing only salad bar items, which there really should be.

Offline BennyB

• Citizen
« Reply #3 on: July 17, 2019, 10:52:04 AM »
It's good but not cheap. You have to be somewhat strategic with these places.

And there is a discount for only salad. Ask or check the signs. There are different prices for salad, bbq, meat, and salmon/shrimp. If you mix, they probably charge you for the most expensive thing. I usually do two dishes.

Offline JH3525

• Council Member
« Reply #4 on: July 17, 2019, 11:08:32 AM »
Thanks for the reply.  I plan on returning but this time I'll look for the prices plus I'll ask the cashier the price before lI make a selection.  If I don't like what I hear, I'll leave. 

Offline Jeffsayyes

• Mayor
    • Jeffrey Tastes
« Reply #5 on: July 18, 2019, 07:25:12 AM »
sounds like 9.99 / lb

diff price rotisseries / salmon / salad only

You should be mindful that this is per pound and don't stock up on liquid based items. You can get plenty of meats on the salad bar - that's what I always used to get unless I was feeling celebratory. There is another place like this on Roosevelt but this salad bar here is far supreme

Jackson Heights Life

« Reply #5 on: July 18, 2019, 07:25:12 AM »