Author Topic: Office of Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez  (Read 3746 times)

Offline Beherenow

• Citizen
Re: Office of Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez
« Reply #45 on: August 15, 2019, 07:44:00 PM »
I've been in touch with one grassroots group in DC about a few issues that are important to me.  They have a sophisticated, experienced Congressional outreach staff.  I'll quote (almost) verbatim from one of the group's staffers. This is the state of our representation in Congress:

"The reality is that her staff is totally drowning. Because of their policy of minimum pay requirements, they have a very small staff. That, combined with her national profile and her committee assignments, means that she and her staff are difficult to get in touch with and difficult to lock down on issues that are not her key priorities. Also, her Chief of Staff has left, leaving her former LD (Legislative Director) to take over the role. Her former LD/now Chief is the person I most frequently deal with and who is assigned to our issues, which means that it'll be even more difficult to get in touch with her given her elevated position and larger portfolio of work. It's not an impossible task, but I wanted to highlight the realities her staff faces to provide context."

Offline Hagop

• Tourist
« Reply #46 on: August 16, 2019, 08:14:50 AM »
Without identifying the group you're talking about, could you share the general issue with which they're concerned? Just curious.

Offline deja

• Council Member
« Reply #47 on: August 16, 2019, 09:41:23 AM »
Lol, her "elevated position"

Translation:  She's too busy with her own crap to bother trying to represent her district or help its people. 

Offline abcdefghijk

• Mayor
« Reply #48 on: August 16, 2019, 10:02:54 AM »
Much like our mayor. Who appears too busy to run our city because he wants to run the country.

Offline Beherenow

• Citizen
« Reply #49 on: August 16, 2019, 10:04:11 AM »
Without identifying the group you're talking about, could you share the general issue with which they're concerned? Just curious.

The issue is Israel-Palestine.  I don't want to go into details here and get dragged into a pointless, soul-stifling debate.  I shared that info because of what it says about her operation. It may well be that her decision to offer higher-the-usual pay to staffers, while laudable in many ways, means she has less people to help respond to constituents not only in DC but also in her Queens and Bronx offices.
« Last Edit: August 16, 2019, 10:10:31 AM by Beherenow »

Offline Beherenow

• Citizen
« Reply #50 on: August 16, 2019, 10:13:33 AM »
Lol, her "elevated position"

Translation:  She's too busy with her own crap to bother trying to represent her district or help its people.

The "elevated position" referred to her newly appointed Chief of Staff, not AOC. 

Jackson Heights Life

« Reply #50 on: August 16, 2019, 10:13:33 AM »