Author Topic: Drug Dealing from 86th-88th  (Read 7245 times)

Offline abcdefghijk

• Mayor
Re: Drug Dealing from 86th-88th
« Reply #45 on: July 23, 2019, 10:02:18 AM »
^what are you quoting from?  Those quotes are not included in the Rules and Guidelines for this Site.
http://www.jacksonheightslife.com/community/index.php?topic=48.0

I believe the situation is that the folks in the photo must complain about being accused as drug dealers for the photo to be taken down.

That's the law concerning photos on any websites and defamation.

Offline CaptainFlannel

• Mayor
« Reply #46 on: July 24, 2019, 08:27:30 AM »
^okay, well, I'm not talking about the legal requirements, but about the forum rules and guidelines, which I quoted from and were created by the owners and moderators of the site.

Offline ClydeM

• Citizen
« Reply #47 on: July 24, 2019, 09:11:30 PM »
I've seen the people in the photos and yes, they are dealers (the tall, skinny white dude is pretty active). Also, the OP mentioned that they did not simply post "random" photos, and only posted the photos after receiving numerous complaints from the people on their block over a long period of time, and getting no response from the 115th. I fail to see the problem with posting the photos.

Offline c11732

• Tourist
« Reply #48 on: July 25, 2019, 06:48:29 PM »
Zero reports on paper = Zero problems.
Call 311 repeatedly
Send pictures.
When there are enough reports action will happen.

Offline hfm

• Mayor
« Reply #49 on: July 27, 2019, 04:55:53 PM »
Zero reports on paper = Zero problems.
Call 311 repeatedly
Send pictures.
When there are enough reports action will happen.

How is calling 311 supposed to be better than calling the precinct? Seems backwards. Isn't 311 just going to report to the precinct themselves? Does 311 hold more accountability cards for the precinct or something and it's all blind without 311 accountability checks?

Offline petster

• Council Member
« Reply #50 on: July 27, 2019, 07:06:54 PM »
With 311 you get a complaint number that documents  the call and the problem . It's proof that you called. That's not true when you call the precinct directly.

Offline McBoard

• Tourist
  • Lived here since: 1953
« Reply #51 on: September 09, 2019, 09:18:35 PM »
An update on this: We're sorry to report that the situation has become worse over the past few months. NCOs Liebold and Scala with the 115th, while responsive, have basically told us that there is not much that they can do (they say they are spread too thin). Francisco Moya's office has not responded to AT ALL to numerous emails from the board or residents (we will remember this when he is up for re-election). Trips in person to the the 115th have proved to be absolutely useless.

In the meantime, the dealers have been encroaching on our co-op, sometimes sitting on our stoops, approaching residents and trying to sell to them, and doing business with employees at businesses along 37th Ave. They have been involved in at least two fights on 37th Ave in the past month (possible turf war?) and one of them is likely responsible for the robbery of the bodega referenced here: https://jacksonheightspost.com/man-steals-1400-in-jackson-heights-armed-robbery

The Pollyannas on this board can complain all they want about posting photos, but our residents have been dealing with this day in and day out. The 115th and our elected officials do nothing.

Offline toddg

• Mayor
  • Lived here since: 2002
« Reply #52 on: September 09, 2019, 09:27:58 PM »
I recommend frequent calls to 311.   Those calls are tracked systematically, and the precinct will be accountable to the mayor's office for performance.  Calls to the precinct aren't necessarily tracked or followed up systematically.

Offline KGDHP

• Citizen
« Reply #53 on: September 09, 2019, 09:30:16 PM »
An update on this: We're sorry to report that the situation has become worse over the past few months. NCOs Liebold and Scala with the 115th, while responsive, have basically told us that there is not much that they can do (they say they are spread too thin). Francisco Moya's office has not responded to AT ALL to numerous emails from the board or residents (we will remember this when he is up for re-election). Trips in person to the the 115th have proved to be absolutely useless.

In the meantime, the dealers have been encroaching on our co-op, sometimes sitting on our stoops, approaching residents and trying to sell to them, and doing business with employees at businesses along 37th Ave. They have been involved in at least two fights on 37th Ave in the past month (possible turf war?) and one of them is likely responsible for the robbery of the bodega referenced here: https://jacksonheightspost.com/man-steals-1400-in-jackson-heights-armed-robbery

The Pollyannas on this board can complain all they want about posting photos, but our residents have been dealing with this day in and day out. The 115th and our elected officials do nothing.

I'm really sorry to hear about this and it's a real shame to hear it's worsened. If you pop on over to the other thread about the guys on 79th, there's been talk, I hope seriously, about organizing some kind of rally, press OBVIOUSLY invited, to call attention to our local precincts and elected officials doing NOTHING to help this situation get better.

I think your coop should join in.

Offline abcdefghijk

• Mayor
« Reply #54 on: September 10, 2019, 09:23:34 AM »

I wrote this on the other thread re: Vice in our neighborhood on 79th St/Roosevelt, and am repeating it here.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I would say that the next time citizens approach the 115th District with this complaint re:Vice in our neighborhood, tell the police you are going to the PRESS and planning LOUD RALLIES unless action is taken.

I imagine results will be seen immediately.

Offline Jhx

• Council Member
« Reply #55 on: October 02, 2019, 11:25:23 AM »
I’m videotaping them now as they are meeting and testing out their wares. Apparently looks like Coke because hes snorting it off his hand.  Three Hispanic men, one Hispanic woman. Always knapsacks changing money and what not, been out there about 10 minutes already smoking and coking. They are just so blatant, that’s the annoying part.

Offline KGDHP

• Citizen
« Reply #56 on: October 02, 2019, 11:29:34 AM »
I’m videotaping them now as they are meeting and testing out their wares. Apparently looks like Coke because hes snorting it off his hand.  Three Hispanic men, one Hispanic woman. Always knapsacks changing money and what not, been out there about 10 minutes already smoking and coking. They are just so blatant, that’s the annoying part.

Call the cops ASAP. Tell them people are selling drugs and you're worried one of them has a gun/they're getting violent. They will come. Trust me.

Offline Jhx

• Council Member
« Reply #57 on: October 02, 2019, 11:29:55 AM »
I just called 911

Offline toddg

• Mayor
  • Lived here since: 2002
« Reply #58 on: October 02, 2019, 11:36:05 AM »
Public service announcement: Please don't make false reports about seeing guns, just to get attention.  That's illegal, and endangers everyone's safety.

Offline Jhx

• Council Member
« Reply #59 on: October 02, 2019, 12:15:18 PM »
 So they’ve scattered after an hour, and still waiting for the police. Knowing full well they weren’t going to show up.

Jackson Heights Life

« Reply #59 on: October 02, 2019, 12:15:18 PM »