Author Topic: Drug Dealing from 86th-88th  (Read 7287 times)

Offline dssjh

• Mayor
Re: Drug Dealing from 86th-88th
« Reply #30 on: June 30, 2019, 01:36:24 PM »
  My understanding is that calling the precinct from as many different numbers as possible
is the best way to start a serious investigation, it goes onto some kind of docket where
progress is frequently checked upon. The amount of different contact numbers is important
here as it says to them that more than one household is observing this behavior and wants
it stopped! Get as many people as you know to call and repeat this until you see some
change.

this is excellent advice. we have a landline and two cell phones. when making complaints, to the 115th or to 311, we use at least two of those.

Offline earbears

• Mayor
« Reply #31 on: June 30, 2019, 02:18:13 PM »
Notified the 115th - being transferred to Narcotics Unit for follow-up.

Offline Bill

• Tourist
« Reply #32 on: June 30, 2019, 07:38:21 PM »
Many people who support the legalization of drugs and prostitution believe this is harmless minor criminal activity. They believe we can be like Amsterdam. We were once called New Amsterdam. I remember what certain parts of the neighborhood looked like in 1991 at the height of the crime wave. Cabán was all of 3 years old. It was a scary time and Jackson Heights was the drug money laundering center. When they start selling drugs in front of your home and you have prostitution (both male and female) on your street then people are upset. All politics is local.

I remember those days with some nostalgia. At least the occasional drive-by shooting kept the yuppies out.

Offline KGDHP

• Citizen
« Reply #33 on: June 30, 2019, 08:08:58 PM »
Many people who support the legalization of drugs and prostitution believe this is harmless minor criminal activity. They believe we can be like Amsterdam. We were once called New Amsterdam. I remember what certain parts of the neighborhood looked like in 1991 at the height of the crime wave. Cabán was all of 3 years old. It was a scary time and Jackson Heights was the drug money laundering center. When they start selling drugs in front of your home and you have prostitution (both male and female) on your street then people are upset. All politics is local.

I remember those days with some nostalgia. At least the occasional drive-by shooting kept the yuppies out.

Bill, you've got to be kidding right? I'm genuinely hoping this is sarcasm because I cannot fathom anyone saying and meaning something so foolish. You think yuppies Re the problem here? More so than drugs, gangs, and shootings? Wow.

Offline dssjh

• Mayor
« Reply #34 on: June 30, 2019, 09:41:05 PM »
not at all a fan of hard drugs, but never met a weed dealer i didn't like. they're like bartenders, only they don't sample their own wares.

Offline JK resident

• Mayor
« Reply #35 on: July 13, 2019, 02:09:59 AM »
Dangerous around 95th Street. These blocks are not as safe as the 70’s part of JH

https://www.nydailynews.com/new-york/nyc-crime/ny-two-shot-in-head-in-queens-20190713-s6b325qacvhuhdwz24mob7lmm4-story.html

Offline McBoard

• Tourist
  • Lived here since: 1953
« Reply #36 on: July 13, 2019, 09:04:47 AM »
Notified the 115th - being transferred to Narcotics Unit for follow-up.

Did anything ever come of this? It seemed as though it had subsided but they were out again on Thursday.

Offline francis

• Mayor
« Reply #37 on: July 13, 2019, 09:10:02 AM »
I notified the 115th community affairs about 2 weeks ago re drugs on 35th ave. and 86 street.  To date:CRICKETS

Offline buzz

• Activist
« Reply #38 on: July 21, 2019, 11:02:01 AM »
I notified the 115th community affairs about 2 weeks ago re drugs on 35th ave. and 86 street.  To date:CRICKETS
Maybe they are part of this business empire

Offline petster

• Council Member
« Reply #39 on: July 21, 2019, 12:18:14 PM »
….Possible, Very, very possible. We've been complaining about illegal social security cards being sold, prostitution, and gang violence in addition to the drugs being sold in the open for years with the same result.  Not only a poor response from the !!5th but from our local "elected" officials.  Keep complaining and document everything.  When elections roll around, confront them with it.

Offline abcdefghijk

• Mayor
« Reply #40 on: July 21, 2019, 12:55:09 PM »
An idea.

Other communities in NYC organize their own security patrols if the policing situation isn't satisfactory.

Is it worth hiring security guards to patrol the area? At least for a week or two. To test how that effects the dealers.

Offline CaptainFlannel

• Mayor
« Reply #41 on: July 21, 2019, 02:02:16 PM »
I flagged this post awhile ago. Posting photos of random people with accusations of them being drug dealers just doesn't sit right with me. I would think someone's image, while not specifically included as personal information in the rules, ought to qualify as personal information. I guess the moderators are okay with that.

Respect others' privacy: Because of privacy issues, it is against the rules of the board to post anyone's full name, address, or any other personal information (e.g. email address, phone number, etc.) without permission.

Err- Are you just posting photos of people and accusing them of being drug dealers?
This is pretty low, and I don't even see any proof in those photos. Hope you don't catch me 'dealing drugs' when I'm really just fishing for my keys.

Offline abcdefghijk

• Mayor
« Reply #42 on: July 21, 2019, 06:16:06 PM »
I flagged this post awhile ago. Posting photos of random people with accusations of them being drug dealers just doesn't sit right with me. I would think someone's image, while not specifically included as personal information in the rules, ought to qualify as personal information. I guess the moderators are okay with that.

Respect others' privacy: Because of privacy issues, it is against the rules of the board to post anyone's full name, address, or any other personal information (e.g. email address, phone number, etc.) without permission.

Err- Are you just posting photos of people and accusing them of being drug dealers?
This is pretty low, and I don't even see any proof in those photos. Hope you don't catch me 'dealing drugs' when I'm really just fishing for my keys.

"In general, if the photograph was taken in a public place (ie a place where there is not a reasonable expectation of privacy) where photography is not prohibited, and is not used commercially, no permission is required. "

and this...

"You can also stop the website use if the photo defames you—that is, it creates a false impression and injures your reputation."

Thus the folks in the photo must battle whether the photo with its accusation is correct or not. I believe the situation is that the folks in the photo must complain about being accused as drug dealers for the photo to be taken down.

Now, that would be interesting...

Offline CaptainFlannel

• Mayor
« Reply #43 on: July 22, 2019, 01:16:36 PM »
^what are you quoting from?  Those quotes are not included in the Rules and Guidelines for this Site.
http://www.jacksonheightslife.com/community/index.php?topic=48.0

I believe the situation is that the folks in the photo must complain about being accused as drug dealers for the photo to be taken down.

Alternately, the moderators could decide to take the photos down because other users have flagged it as problematic. The moderators are free to run their forum as they see fit, so there is no "must." They are free to do what they want, which seems to be leave up photos of people accused by anonymous online users of being drug dealers

Offline petster

• Council Member
« Reply #44 on: July 22, 2019, 02:57:51 PM »
When you see the  same people day after day standing in the same place day after day and cars coming and going is suspicious.  Closing your eyes to potential illegal activity is naive and dangerous. If you see something say something. Having pictures will either verify or discredit the claim.

Jackson Heights Life

« Reply #44 on: July 22, 2019, 02:57:51 PM »