Author Topic: Drug Dealing from 86th-88th  (Read 7242 times)

Offline McBoard

• Tourist
  • Lived here since: 1953
Drug Dealing from 86th-88th
« on: June 25, 2019, 09:03:18 PM »
Hello everyone,

I'm posting to draw attention to what has become a serious problem with drug dealing on the blocks from 86th through 88th between Roosevelt and 37th. The dealers tend to be most active between 10:00AM and 6:00PM especially on 87th. They operate completely out in the open, with absolutely no concern for being spotted.

We have reported this activity to the NCOs for our sector (officers Scala and Leibold) and have encouraged residents to to do the same, as well as lodge complaints at the 115th Precinct in person. Several have done this but the results have been unsatisfactory. We have been told that they would increase patrols on these blocks but the activity continues. Some have called the police when they see deals happening but the 115 does not respond.

I have attached photos of the dealers (and possibly their supplier) that were pulled from our building's security cameras. We are hoping that other people in the community will take action and force the 115th to do something.

Offline 80JHer

• Citizen
Re: Drug Dealing from 86th-88th
« Reply #1 on: June 25, 2019, 09:05:35 PM »
Ridiculous. Where does are tax $ go?   Thanks for posting. It’s like being back in the 70’s

Offline McBoard

• Tourist
« Reply #2 on: June 25, 2019, 09:14:22 PM »
Sorry for adding additional posts with the photos. JH Life's maximum file size is quite low.

Offline McBoard

• Tourist
« Reply #3 on: June 25, 2019, 09:22:38 PM »
Here are a few more. Sorry again for the multiple posts but staying below the maximum file size is a bit difficult.

Offline McBoard

• Tourist
« Reply #4 on: June 25, 2019, 09:29:05 PM »
Ok, one more of the person who may be the supplier. He always wears a hoodie and sun glasses. He tends to avoid looking at buildings where cameras may be and seems to have surveyed the area for security cameras. The photo is lousy but hopefully someone will recognize him.

Offline Samrichy

• Tourist
« Reply #5 on: June 26, 2019, 10:57:45 AM »
Err- Are you just posting photos of people and accusing them of being drug dealers?
This is pretty low, and I don't even see any proof in those photos. Hope you don't catch me 'dealing drugs' when I'm really just fishing for my keys.

Offline McBoard

• Tourist
« Reply #6 on: June 26, 2019, 12:10:36 PM »
Err- Are you just posting photos of people and accusing them of being drug dealers?
This is pretty low, and I don't even see any proof in those photos. Hope you don't catch me 'dealing drugs' when I'm really just fishing for my keys.

We wouldn't have decided to post the photos if it wasn't happening. We don't really care what people do in their own private spaces, but we don't want it happening in front of our building, every day, for 4 months now. Nor are we interested in the additional problems that often comes with such activity. This is not an unreasonable position.

Offline JK resident

• Mayor
« Reply #7 on: June 26, 2019, 12:15:44 PM »
That part of Jackson Heights near Corona has always had drug deals and more crime than the 70’s part

Offline jeanette

• Mayor
« Reply #8 on: June 26, 2019, 12:25:00 PM »
That part of Jackson Heights near Corona has always had drug deals and more crime than the 70’s part

87th is not "near corona." Corona is east of Junction Blvd.

Offline jeanette

• Mayor
« Reply #9 on: June 26, 2019, 12:26:48 PM »

tactix

Offline jhlifer

• Activist
« Reply #10 on: June 26, 2019, 01:32:32 PM »
McBoard - I trust you have contacted Francisco Moya's office - that is what he has a staff for.
If you are not satisfied by the NYPD's response then you have to have people call CONSTANTLY.  Only then will the precinct be held accountable when there are a huge number of 311 calls on the same issue.  Plus you should try the local news channels and ask for their assistance.
I am sure that none of this would welcome this type of activity in front of our homes day-in and day-out.
You just have to keep the pressure on people who are paid to respond.

Offline JHHD

• Resident
« Reply #11 on: June 26, 2019, 08:28:04 PM »
Taking pictures of people you think are drug dealers and posting them in a way that gives clues as to where the pictures are being taken from is probably not the best idea.

Offline abcdefghijk

• Mayor
« Reply #12 on: June 26, 2019, 08:32:37 PM »
My thought is to compose and hang a huge poster/sign saying " This area is under total surveillance 24/7 with high resolution video and photographic cameras."

Offline Jeffsayyes

• Mayor
    • Jeffrey Tastes
« Reply #13 on: June 26, 2019, 09:18:45 PM »
Which drugs?

Offline JDinJH

• Activist
« Reply #14 on: June 26, 2019, 09:21:59 PM »
You guys are completely out of luck!!! Caban will not prosecute people like this.   Assuming the police arrest them for committing crimes, these guys will get no cash bond, even if they were charged with felony-level drug-related crimes, the DA will not prosecute, and they will probably go celebrate with hookers, that they will probably pick up on Roosevelt Avenue.  Welcome to our new reality.   

Jackson Heights Life

« Reply #14 on: June 26, 2019, 09:21:59 PM »