Author Topic: Drug Dealing from 86th-88th  (Read 7236 times)

Offline hum@njukebox1

• Activist
Re: Drug Dealing from 86th-88th
« Reply #60 on: October 02, 2019, 12:47:38 PM »
There's a police force in Jackson Heights?

Offline am315

• Activist
« Reply #61 on: October 02, 2019, 01:38:09 PM »
I have been suggesting we organize and do a peaceful protest on 79th and Roosevelt. But there doesn't seem to be any interest on this board -- so far. I also notice that now the massage parlor ladies are out every night in a very brazen way. It's really disappointing and seems worse than when I first moved to the area just five years ago.

Offline KGDHP

• Citizen
« Reply #62 on: October 02, 2019, 03:58:53 PM »
There's a police force in Jackson Heights?

LOL that is so sad. BTW you know they came to the Community Board 3 meeting with "stats" and proudly touting how they are the most improved precinct in the city. When pressed about a perceived rise in crime, the response was "that's not what the numbers say."

UNREAL. I would love to know what percentage of their crime stats go unreported to show their #'s "down."

Offline KGDHP

• Citizen
« Reply #63 on: October 02, 2019, 04:00:53 PM »
I have been suggesting we organize and do a peaceful protest on 79th and Roosevelt. But there doesn't seem to be any interest on this board -- so far. I also notice that now the massage parlor ladies are out every night in a very brazen way. It's really disappointing and seems worse than when I first moved to the area just five years ago.

Well I am on board with this and I am so sick of avoiding Roosevelt like the plague. I think maybe one other was as well, but a peaceful protest of 3 isn't going to do much. The guys standing on the corner everyday practically outnumber that. Can we get this discussion revived please?

Offline hum@njukebox1

• Activist
« Reply #64 on: October 02, 2019, 04:53:43 PM »
When my apartment was broken into, the police did not file a police report.......because not much was taken.  That'll keep the numbers down.  (This was @ 10 years ago.)

Offline r

• Resident
« Reply #65 on: October 02, 2019, 07:40:31 PM »
Well I am on board with this and I am so sick of avoiding Roosevelt like the plague.

Roosevelt actually looks nice now in the daytime after they repainted the 7 line. It's so green and clean.

Offline BelowThe7

• Tourist
« Reply #66 on: October 02, 2019, 07:49:23 PM »
It’s pretty much out of control.  Not just streetwalkers on almost every block but their pimps standing close by.  Not even trying to hide it.   it’s a rapid deterioration and yet our newly elected officials—all of whom I voted for, by the way—have yet to say a word.  It’s crazy. 

Offline KGDHP

• Citizen
« Reply #67 on: October 02, 2019, 09:03:39 PM »
Well I am on board with this and I am so sick of avoiding Roosevelt like the plague.

Roosevelt actually looks nice now in the daytime after they repainted the 7 line. It's so green and clean.

While I honestly do appreciate that positivity, there is literally nothing visually nice about Roosevelt avenue, green paint aside. But yes, it looks 3,000xs better than it did. I honestly would LOVE if they redid the stations like in Astoria, but I just don't know if that'll happen.

Offline dssjh

• Mayor
« Reply #68 on: October 02, 2019, 09:39:20 PM »
When my apartment was broken into, the police did not file a police report.......because not much was taken.  That'll keep the numbers down.  (This was @ 10 years ago.)

something similar happened when my apartment was broken into in Astoria back in '93 or so. the thieves unplugged and moved the TV and VCR, but then found cash and left with just that. cops from the 114th said "we'll take your report, but they won't be caught, so it's a waste of time."

Offline KGDHP

• Citizen
« Reply #69 on: October 03, 2019, 09:44:51 AM »
Just wanted to offer a friendly update that it's 9:44 am and our favorite guys on 79th and Roos are running a thriving business under an umbrella. It. Never. Ends.

Offline abcdefghijk

• Mayor
« Reply #70 on: October 03, 2019, 11:09:58 AM »
When they are not there...

Perhaps put up a sign reading "This area is under constant surveillance and being recorded by video camera" 

In English and other languages.

Offline CaptainFlannel

• Mayor
« Reply #71 on: October 03, 2019, 11:28:30 AM »
something similar happened when my apartment was broken into in Astoria back in '93 or so. the thieves unplugged and moved the TV and VCR, but then found cash and left with just that. cops from the 114th said "we'll take your report, but they won't be caught, so it's a waste of time."

How is that similar to not filing a report?

I would love to know what percentage of their crime stats go unreported to show their #'s "down."

If the crimes aren't being reported, they aren't part of the crime stats.

Offline KGDHP

• Citizen
« Reply #72 on: October 03, 2019, 01:09:25 PM »

Perhaps put up a sign reading "This area is under constant surveillance and being recorded by video camera" 

OMG I LOVE THIS IDEA. Except, 1. When are they not there? LOL and 2. Somehow I doubt that it would deter them. But we can dream!!!

Offline abcdefghijk

• Mayor
« Reply #73 on: October 03, 2019, 01:36:40 PM »

OMG I LOVE THIS IDEA. Except, 1. When are they not there? LOL and 2. Somehow I doubt that it would deter them. But we can dream!!!

In Brooklyn, a building I used to live in, did this, (even though we definitely had no video camera). The problem wasn't drug dealers, it was folks trespassing and littering.

It worked.
« Last Edit: October 03, 2019, 01:45:18 PM by abcdefghijk »

Online Jhx

• Council Member
« Reply #74 on: October 03, 2019, 03:49:27 PM »
 I’m pretty sure I’m going to get nasty comments, but I say bring back Giuliani style enforcement. The rules and laws already exist, they only need to be enforced.   Unfortunately, the politicians in this state have  their own agenda. Look at California. This is exactly where my hometown NYC is headed. :(

Jackson Heights Life

« Reply #74 on: October 03, 2019, 03:49:27 PM »