Author Topic: Undocumented immigrants granted drivers licenses  (Read 1678 times)

Offline Chingwa

• Activist
Re: Undocumented immigrants granted drivers licenses
« Reply #15 on: June 24, 2019, 04:30:33 PM »
So no real response then, got it!   ::)

Offline CaptainFlannel

• Mayor
« Reply #16 on: June 25, 2019, 02:45:49 PM »
they should have an international license.

how does an undocumented immigrant brought here as a child get an International Driver's Permit since they aren't physically in the country where they have citizenship in order to get a valid driver's license?

Offline Chingwa

• Activist
« Reply #17 on: June 26, 2019, 12:42:34 PM »
how does an undocumented immigrant brought here as a child get an International Driver's Permit
I put a number of options in my post which you can read well enough, cherry-picking little bits and then re-framing them is just silly.  That's why I said in my post that I was in favor of some form of amnesty (for some, based on circumstance), because this is a nuanced issue.  But it is not right to just give anyone who might jump the border a driver's license.

Offline PizzaRat

• Citizen
« Reply #18 on: July 03, 2019, 01:30:48 PM »
Illegals probably will be registered to vote anyway.

https://nypost.com/2019/06/20/single-typo-in-state-bill-would-have-automatically-registered-non-citizens-to-vote/?utm_campaign=iosapp&utm_source=pasteboard_app

I hope you're happy with yourself, since you made a real effort to refer to undocumented immigrants as "illegals" multiple times on this thread alone. If they're "illegal" for coming to this country undocumented (many seeking asylum from situations that your stupid, ignorant self could never survive), then by that logic, anyone breaking a law in this country should be called an "illegal." Have you ever littered? Ran a red light? Pocketed untaxed income off the books? I'm sure you have. In that case, you're an illegal. God, I never realized there were so many stupid people in this neighborhood that I thought was inclusive and diverse. You trolls probably don't even live here anymore.

Offline Chingwa

• Activist
« Reply #19 on: July 03, 2019, 01:49:03 PM »
There's a lot of angry people out there that can't control themselves enough to refrain from degrading and hurling insults at people.  And yes they are in this country illegally in defiance of actual immigration laws.  They have immigrated illegally and therefore it is not unreasonable to call them illegal immigrants.

Offline sl

• Council Member
« Reply #20 on: July 03, 2019, 06:36:43 PM »
Illegals probably will be registered to vote anyway.

https://nypost.com/2019/06/20/single-typo-in-state-bill-would-have-automatically-registered-non-citizens-to-vote/?utm_campaign=iosapp&utm_source=pasteboard_app

I hope you're happy with yourself, since you made a real effort to refer to undocumented immigrants as "illegals" multiple times on this thread alone. If they're "illegal" for coming to this country undocumented (many seeking asylum from situations that your stupid, ignorant self could never survive), then by that logic, anyone breaking a law in this country should be called an "illegal." Have you ever littered? Ran a red light? Pocketed untaxed income off the books? I'm sure you have. In that case, you're an illegal. God, I never realized there were so many stupid people in this neighborhood that I thought was inclusive and diverse. You trolls probably don't even live here anymore.

That’s because they are indeed illegals.

Offline dssjh

• Mayor
« Reply #21 on: July 03, 2019, 08:39:58 PM »
thanks for moving out of the neighborhood, sl. seriously.

Offline JK resident

• Council Member
« Reply #22 on: July 03, 2019, 10:06:08 PM »
The undocumented (illegals) would need to become legalized by the passage of laws that  allow those unlawfully present in the United States without criminal records to adjust their status. Why are they undocumented?, because they crossed the border illegally or overstayed their visa. This is a far cry from throwing a piece of paper on the ground. 

Jackson Heights Life

« Reply #22 on: July 03, 2019, 10:06:08 PM »