Author Topic: Legends Bar & Grill  (Read 1104 times)

Offline Sky23

• Tourist
Legends Bar & Grill
« on: May 17, 2019, 02:48:07 PM »
I was driving home from the BQE and saw a sign outside this establishment that the smoker is back online. Has anyone ever tried their bbq? I’m excited to visit this place but I’m curious if anyone has recently tried this placed out.

Offline dssjh

• Mayor
Re: Legends Bar & Grill
« Reply #1 on: May 17, 2019, 04:04:52 PM »
it's been back for months. tried it a couple times. decent, probably a B-minus. the brisket was tender, but simultaneously bland and salty. the BBQ chicken very good. the pork, awful. it's been a while since our second of two tries, but i'd say it's worth a test run at least.

Offline JHALUM

• Resident
« Reply #2 on: May 24, 2019, 09:38:24 PM »
I had the Brisket tonight it was  very good.  I am not a  heavy BBQ sauce guy so I had it with sauce on the side in case it was a little dry  but I never touched it.  it was very tender and  didn't need any salt because it was very flavorful.

Offline JDinJH

• Activist
« Reply #3 on: May 28, 2019, 10:05:08 PM »
Legends is a bit too low brow for me.  The last time (a long time ago) I was there, somebody told me to go back to my country.  My grandfather came here in 1913.  My father fought in the Korean War.  It was an odd experience.  I can't imagine ever going there again. 

Offline dssjh

• Mayor
« Reply #4 on: May 28, 2019, 10:07:08 PM »
that's flat out racist, not low brow. you could get that treatment at some of the priciest resorts in Palm Beach, New Jersey or D.C.

and it sucks. sorry it happened.

Offline JH3525

• Council Member
« Reply #5 on: May 29, 2019, 11:15:33 AM »
Is the bar and the food service two different businesses and owners? 

Offline dssjh

• Mayor
« Reply #6 on: May 29, 2019, 12:46:39 PM »
it always had been in the past, Pearson's (still the best of the bunch) was first, then it was gone for a while. then someone else took it over and left, then Alchemy (the John Brown guy "just messing around for fun," as he put it) lasted for a couple of months. not sure about this one.

Jackson Heights Life

« Reply #6 on: May 29, 2019, 12:46:39 PM »