Author Topic: Feedback for Blink Fitness Please Help!  (Read 1687 times)

Offline PizzaRat

• Citizen
Re: Feedback for Blink Fitness Please Help!
« Reply #15 on: May 10, 2019, 01:34:12 AM »
I was forced to go to the gym out of the neighborhood for this reason, which is really inconvenient for most of us. Right now I go in Manhattan since it's close to my job, but before that I used to go to Retro Fitness. I believe it's considered Astoria, but it's right near Northern Boulevard.

Retro was $20 a month, never overcrowded, and open very late (I think it might've been 24 hours?). The machines worked and were in great shape, they had a variety of machines and equipment, and people at the gym were careful and respectful. The staff seemed knowledgeable. They also gave some free classes, had a smoothie bar, and had a really cool movie theater where you could work out while watching movies. I would definitely go back there if the commute from Retro to my place wasn't annoying.

Offline Bailey

• Citizen
« Reply #16 on: May 10, 2019, 07:13:13 AM »
I am a Blink member and pay about $20 a month. If the equipment worked (or even if it was repaired in a timely way: equipment goes for weeks without repair),  the place was clean, there was toilet paper in the ladies room, and the water fountains worked--even if those very, very basic things were in place, I would pay $75 a month. I do voice these concerns to the staff at Blink and on the online complaint form to no avail. The owners obviously want to spend as little as possible and make as much money as possible.

Offline leontinemay

• Tourist
« Reply #17 on: May 16, 2019, 09:12:01 AM »
I have the membership that lets you go to any Blink in the city. I've worked out at the Harlem location, Chelsea, Financial District and Bryant Park. They're all clean, no broken equipment, plenty of attachments for the machines, towels you can rent for 50 cents, and they're significantly less crowded. This isn't a you-get-what-you-pay-for situation. It's a problem with the management of this particular location. I'll totally write to corporate, and I'd encourage everyone else who.does to point out that this is a problem with this location, not with the chain as a whole.

Offline jaxheightzforall

• Tourist
« Reply #18 on: May 17, 2019, 01:18:02 PM »
I have the membership that lets you go to any Blink in the city. I've worked out at the Harlem location, Chelsea, Financial District and Bryant Park. They're all clean, no broken equipment, plenty of attachments for the machines, towels you can rent for 50 cents, and they're significantly less crowded. This isn't a you-get-what-you-pay-for situation. It's a problem with the management of this particular location. I'll totally write to corporate, and I'd encourage everyone else who.does to point out that this is a problem with this location, not with the chain as a whole.
leontine i totally agree with you. I've been to the chelsea location a few times and it is completely different from Jackson Heights. Thank you for sending in your comments. I think it's our best chance for any change. Also, I would be happy to pay more for a gym membership that was in Jackson Heights if it was nice and not overcrowded.....$60-70 ?

Jackson Heights Life

« Reply #18 on: May 17, 2019, 01:18:02 PM »