Author Topic: Feedback for Blink Fitness Please Help!  (Read 1761 times)

Offline jaxheightzforall

• Tourist
Feedback for Blink Fitness Please Help!
« on: April 29, 2019, 10:37:52 AM »
Hey All,

Happy Monday! I am trying to channel frustration for the multitude of issues with Blink Fitness Jackson Heights into something positive. If you are a member of this gym, please send feedback to corporate so that we can hope to bring change to our closest gym. I personally do not travel via subway just to use a gym and if this is my only option in the neighborhood, I want to at least try to give feedback and hope for change. Here is a link to the Blink Page to give feedback:

https://www.blinkfitness.com/faq?modal=contactmodal

It seems that the management does not care about the severe overcrowding, broken and missing equipment or general repair of this gym, so we may as well let corporate know. There is power in numbers!

Have a great day!

Offline lalochezia

• Mayor
Re: Feedback for Blink Fitness Please Help!
« Reply #1 on: April 29, 2019, 12:17:17 PM »
This is their model, though. They charge peanuts for a sub-par setup, and hire unimpressive, underqualified people at low wages to staff the place. A friend went there and got TERRIBLE, so-dumb-it's-obvious INJURY-INDUCING advice from one of their "trainers".

Look at the other blinks in NYC for proof.

Offline CaptainFlannel

• Mayor
« Reply #2 on: April 29, 2019, 02:39:53 PM »
Planet Fitness and Executive Fitness are also in the neighborhood. Not super convenient if you live in the 70s admittedly.

Offline the80s

• Activist
« Reply #3 on: April 29, 2019, 02:44:49 PM »
Planet Fitness and Executive Fitness are also in the neighborhood. Not super convenient if you live in the 70s admittedly.

Are Planet Fitness and Executive Fitness better? I've heard terrible things about all our local gyms, those included.

Would love to hear if anyone has had a positive (or even reasonably okay) experience with any of these.

Offline CaptainFlannel

• Mayor
« Reply #4 on: April 29, 2019, 02:50:41 PM »
^I don't love that Planet Fitness doesn't have any studio or stretching space. If all you want is machines, it's probably okay. There are also massage chairs, infrared booths there, so if that's your jam, you might like it.

Executive Fitness has a studio, which is nice if that's what you want. The space is a little crowded though, and like many lower end gyms, the clientele doesn't really know much about gym etiquette (i.e. putting free weights back in the rack when done).

I tried Blink when I first moved to Jackson Heights. I left because it was always overcrowded. Even during off peak hours.

Offline petegart

• Activist
« Reply #5 on: April 29, 2019, 08:00:54 PM »
I just sent this the other day..
I do not want to post negative comments online.  I prefer to communicate directly with the local management & staff. 

Overall the gym is terrific, I like everything, and appreciate the staff. 

Here are a few items that need to be addressed:

1) The two water fountains have almost no pressure.  They need to be adjusted so you can drink water easily. 
2) please put up a sign that encourages members to report anything that is broken, damaged, or not functioning properly. 
3) you need one of your staff members to check if the TV’s attached to the treadmills & elliptical machines are working.  (Many are not working)
4) on the weight machines, some of the numbers are missing - that indicate the weight. (One example is the triceps machine)
5) there are not enough of the straps and hook-hardware.  For example, the shoulder machine is not usable, because all the straps are being used on other equipment.  Rather than allow it to be removed, why don’t you permanently attach them?  Aslo the chest machine. 
6) on some of the equipment the heart monitor function is not working.  Please have one of the staff check this, so it can be addressed.

Offline jaxheightzforall

• Tourist
« Reply #6 on: April 30, 2019, 10:41:04 AM »
I just sent this the other day..
I do not want to post negative comments online.  I prefer to communicate directly with the local management & staff. 

Petegart, totally agree with you, I give feedback to the management and staff all the time when I notice things are missing or broken. However, there is something to be said for sending a message to corporate who can also try to help hold them accountable. I agree that there should be more enforcement of general etiquette that we take for granted in a "normal" gym setting

Offline petegart

• Activist
« Reply #7 on: May 09, 2019, 12:31:21 PM »
So I did send all my comments to management.  Now it has been a full week, and absolutely no response at all.  Not sure what else we can do, except hope for a better gym to open nearby. 

Offline Ecrivain

• Resident
« Reply #8 on: May 09, 2019, 12:52:11 PM »
While I don't much like Planet Fitness, it provides a reasonable value for the very little that it costs, and from your description of Blink, jaxheightzforall, I suspect you'd be happier at PF, especially if you can use it when it's least crowded. The place is pretty clean and equipment is in good working order. Issues are crowding, which is often terrible, and gym etiquette, which is non-existent. People monopolize a machine for long periods, and everyone is sitting on exercise equipment while browsing (or talking on) their phones. There's a timed workout area upstairs but it's useless. Nobody pays attention to the lights indicating time to change of machines. Staff provides no direction on any of this. On the other hand, people are pretty nice if you ask them to work in, and most diligently clean machines after use. I suppose there is gym etiquette, just not the etiquette that I would prefer. Again, a good deal for the price, and kudos to PF for democratizing fitness.

Offline N00b

• Activist
« Reply #9 on: May 09, 2019, 01:44:41 PM »
Just curious, how much are you willing to pay for a gym with all of the things you are asking for in your feedback?

Offline Lilybell

• Mayor
« Reply #10 on: May 09, 2019, 02:00:40 PM »
I went on a hunt for a decent gym a few months ago. I wanted something nicer than the $10 a month options.
I was willing to travel to other neighborhoods in Queens and visited all of the usual suspects plus a few small niche-type gyms. No luck at all. Granted, you'd probably have better luck than I did if you are only interested in cardio equipment and weight machines. I was hoping to find a gym with good free weights. There's one in Astoria but it's too far from the subway for me. 

I gave up trying to find something in queens and ended up joining a fancy gym near my office (financial district). It's not cheap but it's worth it. I never have to wait to use anything and it's spotless. The only downside is that it's too far if I want to go on a Saturday. But our apartment complex is about to start work on our new gym so I guess I can use that on weekends.

Offline petegart

• Activist
« Reply #11 on: May 09, 2019, 03:11:11 PM »
N00b, I don’t think I am asking for anything special.  Just that the existing equipment work as designed.  But to answer your question, I would be happy to pay $50-60 dollars per month. 

Offline odyshape

• Resident
« Reply #12 on: May 09, 2019, 03:22:20 PM »
N00b, I don’t think I am asking for anything special.  Just that the existing equipment work as designed.  But to answer your question, I would be happy to pay $50-60 dollars per month.

Really? That'd work out to like $300 per visit for me.

Offline N00b

• Activist
« Reply #13 on: May 09, 2019, 04:50:15 PM »

Sure but it still requires a certain level of maintenance which requires staff and other resources. I ask because people on this board often complain about the quality of this and that but on the flip side will also complain about cost. I'd love to have a boutique studio with $30 classes like the ones I go to in the city but realistically speaking this neighborhood isn't ever going to have enough demand for that.

Offline Shelby2

• Global Moderator
  • Mayor
« Reply #14 on: May 09, 2019, 05:29:36 PM »
I pay a little under $45 per month for the NYSC in Astoria and I’d be happy to pay up to $60 per month to have that facility or something like it in Jackson Heights. It’s time consuming to have a 30 minute commute for my gym visits, but I feel forced to go out of the neighborhood because there’s no gym here that meets my expectations.

Jackson Heights Life

« Reply #14 on: May 09, 2019, 05:29:36 PM »