Author Topic: Laundry Across from Post Office/Trouble Getting Laundry Back  (Read 1023 times)

Offline Bailey

• Citizen
Laundry Across from Post Office/Trouble Getting Laundry Back
« on: April 30, 2019, 04:46:16 PM »
Does anyone else have laundry at the place across from the post office? They've been shut down for over a week now. I've called the number posted on the door several times. Last night, the person who answered the phone said he would be there at 6PM for people to pick up their laundry. My husband waited for almost an hour with several other people who called the number and no one ever showed up. We need our laundry! Has anyone been able to get their laundry back? If so, please share how you did it. This will be our very last time to use this place (it's not the first time this has happened).

Offline dssjh

• Mayor
Re: Laundry Across from Post Office/Trouble Getting Laundry Back
« Reply #1 on: April 30, 2019, 06:08:01 PM »
they keep postponing the "reopening" date on the sign. they closed once before, seized for non payment of taxes. i hope you get your stuff ASAP.

Offline KGDHP

• Citizen
« Reply #2 on: April 30, 2019, 08:20:58 PM »
That place is the ultimate dump. Would be great if we could get a nice store there in its place.

Offline petegart

• Activist
« Reply #3 on: May 02, 2019, 04:35:12 PM »
BRING YOUR LAUNDRY TO YOUNGS AROUND THE CORNER

Offline JH3525

• Council Member
« Reply #4 on: May 02, 2019, 06:28:16 PM »
Yes, I completely agree, bring your laundry to Young's around the corner.  I've used every laundry in the neighborhood and in my opinion Young's is the absolute best. 

Offline dssjh

• Mayor
« Reply #5 on: May 02, 2019, 06:31:38 PM »
i've never tried Young's, but have had great luck with Tide One on 37th. the young man who took it over a few years ago works really tirelessly, and they do a good job with the wash (and the honesty -- i've left cash in pockets twice, unknowingly, and had it returned).

Offline JH3525

• Council Member
« Reply #6 on: May 03, 2019, 09:17:24 AM »
I have also used Tide One and they're very good but Young's has a more efficient pick up and delivery service.  Yesterday, the owner picked up my laundry at 10:30 and returned it at 2:30.  If you don't need pick up and delivery both are fine and so is the laundry service on 75th Street. 
« Last Edit: May 03, 2019, 09:27:24 AM by JH3525 »

Offline dssjh

• Mayor
« Reply #7 on: May 03, 2019, 01:00:26 PM »
that is great service. i use Tide One pickup and delivery, but i don't think they do that quick a turnaround.

Jackson Heights Life

« Reply #7 on: May 03, 2019, 01:00:26 PM »