Author Topic: What I Love About JH  (Read 987 times)

Offline AJT

• Tourist
What I Love About JH
« on: April 27, 2019, 04:02:30 PM »
Love the new Travers Park

Love the lively pedestrian traffic on 37th on weekends

Love the swirl of languages and dress

Love the insane number of food options

You?

Offline ente

• Resident
Re: What I Love About JH
« Reply #1 on: April 27, 2019, 04:12:26 PM »
Love the many tree lined streets.

Love the many small gardens around the buildings

Love the transportation options

Love much of the architecture

Love the food shopping options

Love that it's a safe neighborhood, here over 35 years and never had a problem.

I could go on and on.  I love Jackson Heights.

Offline petster

• Council Member
« Reply #2 on: April 28, 2019, 11:54:42 AM »
Love the gardens, tree, and greenery.  Feels like the suburbs with a bit of city throw in!

Offline Ed

• Mayor
« Reply #3 on: April 28, 2019, 06:52:47 PM »
I love how friendly it is. When my partner and I were just starting to go to open houses in the neighborhood back in 2001, we ran into someone walking their dog, stopped to say Hello to the dog (as you do when you're out and about) and, when she found out we were looking to move to the neighborhood, invited us to look at her apartment (we were in front of her building), which wasn't for sale, just so we "would have an idea about how apartments look in some of these buildings". After 15 years in Brooklyn, NO ONE that we didn't already know ever did such a thing. I had a friend from down south visiting a couple of months back, he lived in Brooklyn in 86, and he remarked how people we would pass while out walking around, would make eye contact, would say or nod hello as you pass and how it was nothing he expected.

I still feel connected to the city here; when we were looking at apartments in Forest Hills Kate's comments were that it felt more like we were on Long Island than in the city.

And I gotta say, I love my apartment.

Offline Simka

• Council Member
« Reply #4 on: May 06, 2019, 09:48:17 PM »

Love the swirl of languages and dress

This really stands out for me. I chose JH out of several possible neighborhoods, and one of the main reasons was the diversity and the streetlife. It feels alive. And yet, for the most part, I don't find it overwhelming, in terms of crowds or noise. I feel safe with so many people on the streets as I walk around in the neighborhood. And my apartment is, luckily, a quiet oasis.

Offline Marco

• Resident
« Reply #5 on: May 09, 2019, 11:09:34 AM »
I love much of the stuff that the multiculturalism brings.
Especially that it keeps away massive corporate America a bit. Harder for the big chains to sell the same staples they do across every 2nd small town in this country because consumer tastes in the Heights are so diverse.

Jackson Heights Life

« Reply #5 on: May 09, 2019, 11:09:34 AM »