Author Topic: purple dough  (Read 769 times)

Offline pynchoff

• Citizen
purple dough
« on: April 24, 2019, 03:41:55 PM »
Thought I'ld let everyone know that there is a really cute little pastry shop on 68th street about half a block north of Roosevelt called Purple Dough. The young couple who own it, he's Filipino she's American, take a lot of pride in their product. They make American style things like cookies and donuts, but with more tropical flavorings, so, for example, they had a mango donut with coconut on top.
The cookies I got were delicious, not too sweet, and the flavors were well balanced.
Something different to try, and the owners are super friendly.

Offline MrPlaza

• Council Member
Re: purple dough
« Reply #1 on: April 26, 2019, 04:31:15 PM »
I’ve passed this place a number of times. Didn’t realize they were new. I wish I had more of a sweet tooth to support them with. Haha.

Online Jeffsayyes

• Mayor
    • Jeffrey Tastes
« Reply #2 on: April 26, 2019, 08:14:38 PM »
That block is so promising! Purple Dough is really cute, Momo Crave is excellent, and Bossa Cafe is a special place too  -- all really honest places that we should want to grow in our neighborhood. Bossa Cafe is probably the least sexy of the places but it's basically run by one lady who cares a lot about health and flavor. I am just worried that the business won't be as big as her heart. I gotta go there more, myself - gotta vote with my dollars. (Voted for Farine today)

Offline JA

• Resident
« Reply #3 on: May 23, 2019, 12:45:49 PM »
That block is so promising! Purple Dough is really cute, Momo Crave is excellent, and Bossa Cafe is a special place too  -- all really honest places that we should want to grow in our neighborhood. Bossa Cafe is probably the least sexy of the places but it's basically run by one lady who cares a lot about health and flavor. I am just worried that the business won't be as big as her heart. I gotta go there more, myself - gotta vote with my dollars. (Voted for Farine today)

Went there the other day and was impressed. Hard to come by pastries in those flavors that aren't in the form of custard/shaved ice/bubble tea. They are a bit out of the way for me but I hope they succeed.

Jackson Heights Life

« Reply #3 on: May 23, 2019, 12:45:49 PM »