Author Topic: Stand Alone Cheese Shop  (Read 9657 times)

Offline secret_test_kitchen

• Tourist
Re: Stand Alone Cheese Shop
« Reply #60 on: July 28, 2019, 02:28:45 PM »
It took us a while, but we finally stopped by Stand Alone Cheese today for their house-made mozzarella to pair with farmers' market heirloom tomatoes and basil. We bought two balls so looking forward to enjoying again tomorrow.

The couple who owns Stand Alone were extremely welcoming. Their cheese was wonderful.

Online JH3525

• Council Member
« Reply #61 on: August 07, 2019, 12:29:39 PM »
They now have Smoked Whitefish Salad and Herring Salad.  Both products are from Acme Smoked Fish in Greenpoint, Brooklyn.  I picked up the Smoked Whitefish Salad which is in a 7 oz container and its incredibly good. 

Offline jeanette

• Mayor
« Reply #62 on: October 19, 2019, 08:55:26 PM »
I hope we're all shopping at Stand Alone Cheese. I returned for the Swiss (not French) raclette, which is usually hard to find. We're really lucky to have this shop. When I go there I always seem to see the same two or three customers :). I hope there are more of us.

I want to buy a low alcohol content white wine. Does anyone have a recommendation?

Online dssjh

• Mayor
« Reply #63 on: October 20, 2019, 09:22:26 AM »
i'm a regular, and since i work at home, i end up there at off hours and see the same people as well. Steffan says things are usually busier in the after work hours, and it looks like stuff is selling (a couple of my favorites have sold out here and there). he's also hiring, which is a good sign.

in terms of wines, Rieslings are a good bet. i've found that German Kabinett Rieslings are at the low alcohol end, as a rule. 

Offline jeanette

• Mayor
« Reply #64 on: October 20, 2019, 01:18:46 PM »
i've found that German Kabinett Rieslings are at the low alcohol end, as a rule.

Thank you so much. I found this article which backs you up (altho Reisling from Washington State is high alc). https://winefolly.com/tutorial/the-lightest-to-the-strongest-wine/

I usually spritz my wine, sometimes to add bubbles and always to lower alcohol ratio. I'm thinking of spritzing a Reisling to go even lower. I like wine but I'm weird because I don't like feeling buzzed.

Jackson Heights Life

« Reply #64 on: October 20, 2019, 01:18:46 PM »