Author Topic: The worst landscaping in the hood  (Read 792 times)

Offline carrefour_ny

• Mayor
The worst landscaping in the hood
« on: April 03, 2019, 06:04:34 PM »
The winner is the building on the SE corner of 34th and 76th. Last summer, they cut a big tree halfway and left it like that. The grass area is a mess. Nothing has happened there in months. Anyone know what the grand plans are?

As a side note, how is that acceptable? We say we take pride in living in a neighborhood like JH with its historic charms and maintained gardens, and then a large building like this does such a shitty job with its landscaping. What gives?

Offline JHMNY

• Global Moderator
  • Council Member
Re: The worst landscaping in the hood
« Reply #1 on: April 03, 2019, 07:06:19 PM »
I think this may be the same building I posted about back in June, 2018. The only progress I've seen since then is that they've enclosed the lawn area with fencing. Unfortunately, I haven't seen any type of planting or maintenance for the Spring happening, so I doubt there will be growth of anything green anytime soon. Hoping I'm wrong.  :( It's an eyesore.

Lawn work at building on 34th Ave

Offline carrefour_ny

• Mayor
« Reply #2 on: April 03, 2019, 07:16:09 PM »
Yes, that's the one! It does look so much worse now, and yes, I too fear nothing is in place for this spring/summer season.

Offline itsit

• Mayor
« Reply #3 on: April 04, 2019, 08:06:03 PM »
 I think they have something planned. It was no prize before and the task of getting rid of the big trees that were there is a big one. The brick work around the edge is quite nice and I think they significantly upgraded
this complex. Will see how this season goes...

Offline stevn

• Resident
« Reply #4 on: April 04, 2019, 09:16:36 PM »
I think they have something planned. It was no prize before and the task of getting rid of the big trees that were there is a big one. The brick work around the edge is quite nice and I think they significantly upgraded
this complex. Will see how this season goes...

Agreed. This is like saying Rory Staunton Field looks terrible now. It's a work in progress! I doubt any building would fork out the amount of money it already has without planning to finish it.

Offline carrefour_ny

• Mayor
« Reply #5 on: April 04, 2019, 09:22:35 PM »
Hope you're right! The way they cut that tree halfway doesn't give me much confidence. One can spend a lot of money on a crappy project...

Jackson Heights Life

« Reply #5 on: April 04, 2019, 09:22:35 PM »