Author Topic: The new El Rico Tinto on Northern Blvd  (Read 7741 times)

Offline Dunolly Gal

• Tourist
Re: The new El Rico Tinto on Northern Blvd
« Reply #30 on: November 27, 2019, 11:14:21 AM »
Yes! Just ordered from El Rico Tinto last night, and it was as good as ever. Had their delicious tortilla soup--the best, and perfect for a fall night! This place is such a gem.
Found a menu pic here: https://zmenu.com/ert-restaurant-queens-online-menu/

Offline dssjh

• Mayor
« Reply #31 on: November 27, 2019, 11:35:08 AM »
we ordered over the weekend for the first time in ages, and absolutely as good as ever, if not better. they were out of my favorite -- the cochinita pibil tacos -- but we tried the salmon ones for the first time and those were delicious. fish was moist, plentiful and cut in large, tender pieces. nice accoutrements, too.

Offline ljr

• Mayor
« Reply #32 on: November 27, 2019, 03:38:30 PM »
Thanks for the reminder--we should put them on our ordering-in rotation. Their former location was so close to us that we either ate there (not for dinner because they closed too early for us) or picked something up. It never dawned on me to order from them now that they are farther away.

Offline the80s

• Activist
« Reply #33 on: January 12, 2020, 07:06:11 PM »
It's easy to forget about ERT with its new, slightly-out-of-the-way location, but I just wanted to encourage everyone to continue to give them business. It's as delicious as ever, with many perfect cold-weather foods.

I picked up take out there last night, and at 8pm on a Saturday their large, quite lovely space had only one couple dining in. And mine was the only order waiting for pickup. I know brunch is perhaps their more popular meal, but the sight still made me a little worried about their long term prospects... I feel like lots of people were always coming in and out of their smaller 37th Ave location.

We got Mexican corn, fajitas, chips & guac, and kale mango salad, and ERT really continues to be some of the best, freshest, most thoughtfully prepared food in the neighborhood. I hope they are here for a long time. I also plan to dine in more at their new space, which is lovely and spacious, with large windows and a beautiful mural painted on the wall. I just hope there will be others there too!

P.S. If anyone knows the owners personally, they would really benefit from cleaning up what's now quite a confusing internet presence. They have no website (that comes up on a quick google at least), some of the phone numbers you find don't work, and other sites say they are closed or still list their old address. That part of Northern does not get a whole lot of foot traffic, so I feel like being easy-to-find online might help. Lots of their old loyal customers (most of whom probably don't read this message board) may have no idea they still exist, just a short walk away from their old location. I'm not a professional though; maybe things are actually going well and/or these things wouldn't help. For now, I'll just plan to eat there as much as possible!

Offline lalochezia

• Mayor
« Reply #34 on: January 12, 2020, 07:46:16 PM »
If someone is a member of jhfamilies listserv, can they post the below message to it?
That might be a way of getting more people there....

It's easy to forget about ERT with its new, slightly-out-of-the-way location, but I just wanted to encourage everyone to continue to give them business. It's as delicious as ever, with many perfect cold-weather foods.

I picked up take out there last night, and at 8pm on a Saturday their large, quite lovely space had only one couple dining in. And mine was the only order waiting for pickup. I know brunch is perhaps their more popular meal, but the sight still made me a little worried about their long term prospects... I feel like lots of people were always coming in and out of their smaller 37th Ave location.

We got Mexican corn, fajitas, chips & guac, and kale mango salad, and ERT really continues to be some of the best, freshest, most thoughtfully prepared food in the neighborhood. I hope they are here for a long time. I also plan to dine in more at their new space, which is lovely and spacious, with large windows and a beautiful mural painted on the wall. I just hope there will be others there too!

P.S. If anyone knows the owners personally, they would really benefit from cleaning up what's now quite a confusing internet presence. They have no website (that comes up on a quick google at least), some of the phone numbers you find don't work, and other sites say they are closed or still list their old address. That part of Northern does not get a whole lot of foot traffic, so I feel like being easy-to-find online might help. Lots of their old loyal customers (most of whom probably don't read this message board) may have no idea they still exist, just a short walk away from their old location. I'm not a professional though; maybe things are actually going well and/or these things wouldn't help. For now, I'll just plan to eat there as much as possible!

Jackson Heights Life

« Reply #34 on: January 12, 2020, 07:46:16 PM »