Author Topic: The new El Rico Tinto on Northern Blvd  (Read 4820 times)

Offline Di_11372

• Activist
Re: The new El Rico Tinto on Northern Blvd
« Reply #15 on: March 30, 2019, 11:19:09 AM »

ERT needs signage, perhaps it's up now? 2 wks ago I passed by & my 1st thought was signage will boost their business for sure.

Offline the80s

• Activist
« Reply #16 on: April 14, 2019, 03:26:46 PM »
Just wanted to chime in here to say we visited the new ERT, and it's truly excellent.

The menu is the same as the old location, and the food is fresh, delicious, and beautifully presented. They definitely need a sign and some things on the wall, but the new space is very sleek and spacious, lots of potential.

We had fantastic guacamole, the lovely kale and mango salad, and huevos rancheros. The prices are extremely reasonable, especially for such exceptionally high quality. And the service was friendly and attentive as always.

PLEASE GO! There was only one other occupied table when I was there, and it was prime brunch time. I'm worried they won't make it if word does not spread and people do not start visiting the new location. I will definitely be back soon, but spread the word and visit often.

ERT is really a neighborhood treasure, and we're so lucky to have it back so soon after we thought it was gone forever.

Offline toddg

• Mayor
  • Lived here since: 2002
« Reply #17 on: April 15, 2019, 08:14:10 AM »
I fully agree.  I was there this weekend as well, and picked up a take-out menu.  Their number is 718-255-6053.   They're not planning to join Seamless or Grubhub, but they are planning to start delivery.

Offline Jeffsayyes

• Mayor
    • Jeffrey Tastes
« Reply #18 on: April 16, 2019, 09:25:55 PM »
There's barely any info online about them. They gotta step it up a bit w yelp and google

Offline JHHD

• Tourist
« Reply #19 on: April 26, 2019, 09:46:50 PM »
The food is consistently delicious and beautifully presented, and they just got a liquor license =)

Offline AJT

• Tourist
« Reply #20 on: April 27, 2019, 03:33:51 PM »
Just ate at El Rico Tinto (ERT) in its new location (Northern & 73rd).  Nice, big, clean space.  They dropped the bakery operation to focus on the food, which is as fantastic as ever.  This time had their amazing coffee, great kale mango salad, big fresh quesadillas, but everything on the menu is good.  Open for lunch and dinner.

Offline CaptainFlannel

• Mayor
« Reply #21 on: April 28, 2019, 03:42:26 PM »
They dropped the bakery operation to focus on the food, which is as fantastic as eve
r.

Did they? They were operating out of the little bakery for awhile across Roosevelt right around the corner from Terazza 7 and Louie's, and when I spoke to the owner last, he said they were going to keep that location for baked goods. I was hoping the baked goods would make their way up to the Northern Blvd location (I have only made it once so far since they opened on Northern),

Offline lalochezia

• Mayor
« Reply #22 on: April 28, 2019, 03:50:03 PM »
We went there this weekend. Delicious, fresh as on 37th, affordable, excellent service! It was  nice to see them busy!

A real gem. Go and support them if you like good affordable food in a nice environment - that's a real value proposition in JH!

They also have their liquor license, expect some delicious mescal cocktails.....

https://www.instagram.com/elricotinto/?hl=en

Offline dssjh

• Mayor
« Reply #23 on: April 28, 2019, 04:10:42 PM »
that's an incentive to eat in. the cocktails, i mean -- the food was always top notch.

Offline toddg

• Mayor
« Reply #24 on: May 05, 2019, 12:09:07 AM »
According to their Instagram feed, they're having a Mariachi band Sunday afternoon and $5 margaritas to celebrate Cinco de Mayo

Offline jeanette

• Mayor
« Reply #25 on: May 05, 2019, 05:10:16 PM »
According to their Instagram feed, they're having a Mariachi band Sunday afternoon and $5 margaritas to celebrate Cinco de Mayo

!Happy CdeM a mis vecinos!

Offline RiMeo

• Tourist
« Reply #26 on: May 25, 2019, 11:34:07 AM »
Food is still as amazing as before and tge space is more expansive now. Do come and support them on Northern Blvd btw 73 and 74. Their sign outside is ERT, not the full longform El Rio Tinto, so it is a bit hard to spot.

Offline Jeffsayyes

• Mayor
    • Jeffrey Tastes
« Reply #27 on: May 25, 2019, 05:52:39 PM »
Food is still as amazing as before and tge space is more expansive now. Do come and support them on Northern Blvd btw 73 and 74. Their sign outside is ERT, not the full longform El Rio Tinto, so it is a bit hard to spot.

I could never make sense of the abbreviation for some reason

Offline JessEscalera

• Tourist
« Reply #28 on: June 16, 2019, 11:07:53 PM »
This place is really amazing.  How do we show it some more love?  I feel like it is outta sight outta mind.

Offline toddg

• Mayor
« Reply #29 on: June 17, 2019, 08:52:22 PM »
They don't have a current menu online, but if you're familiar with their food you can order delivery by calling them at 718-255-6053.

Jackson Heights Life

« Reply #29 on: June 17, 2019, 08:52:22 PM »