Author Topic: Have you tried Informed Delivery from the USPS  (Read 513 times)

Offline Shelby2

• Global Moderator
  • Mayor
Have you tried Informed Delivery from the USPS
« on: February 10, 2019, 07:53:33 PM »
I was reading about Informed Delivery and it sounds promising as a way to track your mail. Has anyone tried it? It's free, and I just signed up, so hopefully soon I'll be able to give some feedback.

Informed Delivery® by USPS®
Digitally preview your mail and manage your packages scheduled to arrive soon! Informed Delivery allows you to view greyscale images of the exterior, address side of letter-sized mailpieces and track packages in one convenient location.*

https://informeddelivery.usps.com/box/pages/intro/start.action

Offline crocketnyc

• Resident
Re: Have you tried Informed Delivery from the USPS
« Reply #1 on: February 10, 2019, 11:46:18 PM »
I have been using informed delivery.   I get 99% of items same day.  It has stopped neighbors from tampering with larger envelopes since I know when they are arriving.

Offline 7

• Tourist
« Reply #2 on: February 11, 2019, 12:10:31 AM »
The USPS Informed Delivery alerts are great, several times we only found out about missing mail because something showed up in an Informed Delivery alert but never actually arrived.

UPS and FedEx also offer similar alert services as well

Offline jeanette

• Mayor
« Reply #3 on: February 11, 2019, 12:38:40 PM »
My mail is soooooooooooooooooooooooooooo bad. Multiple times each month mail doesn't arrive to my box. This month I didn't receive my ConEd bill. Last October a mailing from SS Admin. never arrived, which contained all my info.

I'm wondering how Informed Delivery could or would reduce theft and misdeliveries.

The USPS is replacing street boxes with anti-fishing boxes (not sure where I read that). They seem to have permanently removed all of them in my area.

Offline bellabella

• Mayor
« Reply #4 on: February 11, 2019, 12:44:28 PM »
My mail is soooooooooooooooooooooooooooo bad. Multiple times each month mail doesn't arrive to my box. This month I didn't receive my ConEd bill. Last October a mailing from SS Admin. never arrived, which contained all my info.

I'm wondering how Informed Delivery could or would reduce theft and misdeliveries.

The USPS is replacing street boxes with anti-fishing boxes (not sure where I read that). They seem to have permanently removed all of them in my area.

I wonder if we have the same mailperson/s? I get magazines months behind, bills late or never. We are lucky if we get mail on Fridays and Saturdays and have a different mail person weekly. I've complained to no avail!! I tried signing up for this and it says it is not available for my address.

Offline Lilybell

• Mayor
« Reply #5 on: February 11, 2019, 03:14:30 PM »
I only receive my ConEd bill once every two or three months. My other bills seem to arrive regularly, but not ConEd. It's weird.

Offline fish2001

• Tourist
« Reply #6 on: February 12, 2019, 11:42:40 AM »
Been using it for a few years; really glad I took advantage of it. It’s great when you’re away too.  In my experience I’ve only seen letter sized mail; magazines and larger envelopes don’t show up in the notices

Offline fodoherty

• Activist
« Reply #7 on: February 14, 2019, 01:34:58 PM »
USPS says that my address in 11372 is not eligible.  Does anyone else in 11372 have this service?

Offline Shelby2

• Global Moderator
  • Mayor
« Reply #8 on: February 14, 2019, 02:26:27 PM »
USPS says that my address in 11372 is not eligible.  Does anyone else in 11372 have this service?

Yes, I'm in 11372 and I just signed up successfully and have already been getting emails with the images of mail that's about to arrive.

Jackson Heights Life

« Reply #8 on: February 14, 2019, 02:26:27 PM »