Author Topic: Man shot and killed at 90th St/Elmhurst Ave station  (Read 2233 times)

Offline shazza09

• Resident
Re: Man shot and killed at 90th St/Elmhurst Ave station
« Reply #15 on: February 04, 2019, 06:07:33 PM »
Yes! Where are the cops from the 115th precinct?
When do you ever see even one cop walking the streets or a cop car in the neighborhood patrolling around? It seems that their idea of policing is to clean up the mess AFTER it has happened.
This area of Queens is underserved and neglected. As a community we expect our streets to be safe and protected by those who are 'here to serve' us.  Where are you 115th precinct?

Offline abu benuska

• Activist
« Reply #16 on: February 04, 2019, 11:18:46 PM »
It is is upsetting and very worrisome that gangsters are feeling free enough to settle their disputes in broad daylight in a crowded train.

The suspect was 26 and had 12 prior arrests. The "victim" was 20 and had already been arrested seven times (he also seems to be have been the one pulling the gun in the first place). At least I get some comfort knowing that one went to hell and the other went to prison.

Offline Chingwa

• Activist
« Reply #17 on: February 04, 2019, 11:29:03 PM »
Code: [Select]
If the 115th Precinct is reading this, BLOOD IS ON YOUR HANDS. You don't care about our neighborhood. You don't care about brown people.Apparently brown people don't care about brown people either.

The cops aren't going to be there to protect you, and they usually do serve as the clean-up crew.  This isn't a knock on cops, it's just a statistical fact.  They cannot be everywhere at once.

We'll likely see an increased police presence for a while for visibility sake and then it will taper off as police resources are needed more urgently elsewhere.

Offline sl

• Council Member
« Reply #18 on: February 05, 2019, 10:20:07 AM »
Yes! Where are the cops from the 115th precinct?
When do you ever see even one cop walking the streets or a cop car in the neighborhood patrolling around? It seems that their idea of policing is to clean up the mess AFTER it has happened.
This area of Queens is underserved and neglected. As a community we expect our streets to be safe and protected by those who are 'here to serve' us.  Where are you 115th precinct?

You can’t just blame the problem on the police.

Offline 80JHer

• Resident
« Reply #19 on: February 05, 2019, 10:36:40 AM »
Why not? 
we are a community of over 100K tax paying citizens.  where does it all go?  that many people should have a police dept that keeps our streets safe (from crazy drivers and thugs).  its not a lot to ask.  we have zero presence.  all we have our meter maids. have you ever seen a car pulled over in JH for reckless driving? have you ever seen a cop actually walking down Roosevelt? 

get it done 115th!

if its a funding issue (which it should not be),  then the local politicians  completely failed us.  while they were busy organizing parades they allowed our tax $ to be spent in another neighborhood.  we need politicians that will advocate for our taxes to be used in our neighborhood.  funding should never be an issue for the police force

Online jeanette

• Mayor
« Reply #20 on: February 05, 2019, 11:57:38 AM »
Interesting exchange:

You can’t just blame the problem on the police.

Why not?

Online jeanette

• Mayor
« Reply #21 on: February 05, 2019, 12:09:53 PM »
Regarding complaints about the 115th, I think this crime technically falls into MTA police jurisdiction. I don't think the 115th police the platforms.

The City had announced an antigang initiative last year, and Dromm had advertised gang buses to be parked in gang territories, a place where gangsters could go and talk it out.

I promise you, I'm not smirking.
« Last Edit: February 05, 2019, 12:27:02 PM by jeanette »

Offline Chingwa

• Activist
« Reply #22 on: February 05, 2019, 01:10:46 PM »
Gang buses?  WTF?

Offline N00b

• Citizen
« Reply #23 on: February 05, 2019, 01:13:11 PM »
cops are too busy arresting people who skip subway fares. after all it takes 3 or 4 of them to man a turnstile.

Offline Marlene

• Mayor
« Reply #24 on: February 05, 2019, 01:54:17 PM »
To all:
Please note that on any given shift there may be two or three cars available patrolling a sector. Trust me when I say that as frustrated as we are, many officers that care, are frustrated as well.

Offline dssjh

• Mayor
« Reply #25 on: February 05, 2019, 02:17:57 PM »
To all:
Please note that on any given shift there may be two or three cars available patrolling a sector. Trust me when I say that as frustrated as we are, many officers that care, are frustrated as well.

agreed. a good friend has a son in law who's a detective assigned there. he and his colleagues are frustrated about the under-staffing (for lack of a better word). we need more cops. to hire more cops, we need more money, and that comes from higher taxes -- which i am willing to pay.

Offline 80JHer

• Resident
« Reply #26 on: February 05, 2019, 02:44:13 PM »
Wrong, we pay plenty in taxes! There should be more the enough to staff a full time police department with over 100k tax payin citizens.

If that is the case, as mentioned above.  Then the blame is all on the local politicians.  What exactly are they doing? Number 1 priority should be advocating for our tax dollars to be spent in our community.  Do your job

Offline dssjh

• Mayor
« Reply #27 on: February 05, 2019, 03:21:18 PM »
wrong. as a nation and state, we are seriously under-taxed. myopics think otherwise, but it's true.

Offline JK resident

• Council Member
« Reply #28 on: February 05, 2019, 03:22:32 PM »
We need the money for the homeless shelters. The city has diverted billions to the pockets of hotel owners. Then there is the fact high earning individuals are leaving the state in droves. 

https://nypost.com/2019/02/04/cuomo-announces-income-tax-revenues-have-dropped-by-2-3b/

Offline Paul11372

• Activist
« Reply #29 on: February 05, 2019, 04:14:42 PM »
wrong. as a nation and state, we are seriously under-taxed. myopics think otherwise, but it's true.

May be Taxes are fine as is, but Bail for previous Felony was far too Low?

Not Smirking, I promise...

Jackson Heights Life

« Reply #29 on: February 05, 2019, 04:14:42 PM »