Author Topic: Bus drivers & honking  (Read 652 times)

Offline wv11372

• Resident
Bus drivers & honking
« on: December 24, 2018, 12:09:51 PM »
Hi all.  I live on the Q47 & Q49 route, and I have a problem with them blowing their horns all hours of the day and night.

(For clarity, they're not blowing their horns for safety reasons -- they honk THE MOMENT that the traffic light turns green.)

I've filed a complaint with NYC buses, but I doubt that'll have much affect.  I've also e-mailed councilperson Daniel Dromm (his office is also on the same bus route) asking that his office contact someone in charge of bus drivers at the 74th street subway station.  I offered an alternative to honking -- if the drivers would just flash their bright lights, it would alert the cars in front of them without disturbing hordes of people in the vicinity.

Maybe if they receive many requests for this, it'll be taken more seriously.  Mr Dromm's e-mail address is: dromm@council.nyc.gov

Offline wv11372

• Resident
Re: Bus drivers & honking
« Reply #1 on: December 24, 2018, 12:33:08 PM »
As a follow-up, here is where you can send a complaint to the MTA, and request that the bus drivers flash their bright lights instead of blowing their horns:  https://mta-nyc.custhelp.com/app/ask

Offline petster

• Council Member
« Reply #2 on: December 24, 2018, 03:20:04 PM »
Who you should also complain to is the DOT.  There should be someone there stopping drivers form double parking and making illegal u turns as to block busses from their run.  The bus drivers are doing their jobs.  As a commuter, I wish the bus  drivers were able to take pictures and give a summons to whomever is blocking traffic.  You'd hear a lot less honking then.

Offline wv11372

• Resident
« Reply #3 on: February 10, 2019, 02:08:41 PM »
Better yet, maybe the best way to complain about honk-happy bus drivers is by Tweeting to NYCTBus.

Jackson Heights Life

« Reply #3 on: February 10, 2019, 02:08:41 PM »