Author Topic: Political Commentary of the Day  (Read 21070 times)

Offline dssjh

• Mayor
Re: Political Commentary of the Day
« Reply #420 on: October 16, 2019, 03:05:29 PM »
New poll on AOC

https://nypost.com/2019/10/16/aocs-unfavorability-rating-plummeting-to-trump-pelosi-levels/?utm_campaign=iosapp&utm_source=pasteboard_app

Is her level of popularity higher in JH?

yes.

much.

thanks for asking.

and, to quote the current first lady, "i really don't care" what a Republican in Kentucky thinks about AOC. just like Rand Paul doesn't care what a Democrat in Jackson Heights, Queens thinks about him.

Offline abcdefghijk

• Mayor
« Reply #421 on: October 16, 2019, 05:47:11 PM »
As a point of fact...

Some of us here in Jackson Heights who voted for her the first time...won't be doing so again...

That's the beauty of living in a democracy.  A person can vote for who they want. Either at the ballot box or in stores (with their wallets, where they spend their money)...
« Last Edit: October 16, 2019, 05:55:36 PM by abcdefghijk »

Offline dssjh

• Mayor
« Reply #422 on: October 16, 2019, 06:09:11 PM »
you are absolutely correct.

and some of us who didn't know who she was the first time will be canvassing for her and fundraising for her.

Offline abcdefghijk

• Mayor
« Reply #423 on: October 16, 2019, 06:14:52 PM »
We are very fortunate to live in a Democracy where everyone's opinion is respected.

Offline dssjh

• Mayor
« Reply #424 on: October 16, 2019, 06:21:36 PM »
indeed.

Offline sl

• Council Member
« Reply #425 on: October 16, 2019, 09:28:43 PM »
We are very fortunate to live in a Democracy where everyone's opinion is respected.
Unfortunately it’s not respected here in this forum. People call you a troll if you have a different opinion or a different point of view.

Offline abcdefghijk

• Mayor
« Reply #426 on: October 16, 2019, 10:10:54 PM »
Unfortunately it’s not respected here in this forum. People call you a troll if you have a different opinion or a different point of view.

I believe the culture on this forum is changing for the better.

Offline jh35

• Council Member
« Reply #427 on: October 17, 2019, 01:23:47 AM »

I got an email from the moderator saying I was a troll for posting the news article about the haircut. I thought peolpe wanted to know what was happening in the neighborhood and what peopke were saying about the neighborhood. I am going to post less.

Offline dssjh

• Mayor
« Reply #428 on: October 17, 2019, 01:21:26 PM »
Sanders is not my candidate of choice, so i won't be. i'd imagine there will be a fairly good turnout from this neighborhood, as well as the rest of queens. he did pretty well here in 2016, though he seems to have less momentum this cycle.

Offline JK resident

• Mayor
« Reply #429 on: October 17, 2019, 04:48:34 PM »
I believed JH is more of a Warren crowd than Sanders. I don’t see Biden with his son who shakes down governments to do well in JH. It also seems  Bernie has some health issues with his recent heart attack. I can’t believe that Cummins passed away given he was younger and looked healthy compared to Bernie.

Offline dssjh

• Mayor
« Reply #430 on: October 17, 2019, 05:11:50 PM »
yeah, the candidate whose family shakes down foreign governments did pretty badly in 2016, not surprisingly.

agreed on Warren. she's the candidate i'm on board with.

Offline Jhx

• Council Member
« Reply #431 on: October 19, 2019, 11:42:12 AM »
LOL, Elizebeth Warren

Offline dssjh

• Mayor
« Reply #432 on: October 19, 2019, 04:14:05 PM »

Offline petster

• Council Member
« Reply #433 on: October 20, 2019, 09:35:16 AM »
Harvard Law's first woman of color.... "Elizabeth Warren".....???????!!!!!!! What a joke. If she  were ever to be  elected, and  I sincerely hope she is not, middle class taxes will go through the roof to pay for  her universal health proposal.

Offline jh35

• Council Member
« Reply #434 on: October 20, 2019, 09:41:45 AM »
Harvard Law's first woman of color.... "Elizabeth Warren".....???????!!!!!!! What a joke. If she  were ever to be  elected, and  I sincerely hope she is not, middle class taxes will go through the roof to pay for  her universal health proposal.

And *I* was accused of trolling!?

Jackson Heights Life

« Reply #434 on: October 20, 2019, 09:41:45 AM »