Author Topic: Renaissance Charter School - Trash Disposal Issues/82nd Street  (Read 568 times)

Offline JH_Citizen

• Tourist
Renaissance Charter School - Trash Disposal Issues/82nd Street
« on: December 17, 2018, 08:36:46 PM »
Concerned JH Resident here:

Been noticing a pattern with trash disposal with the Renaissance Charter School and seeking some collective wisdom/advice. Over the past 4-5 months, they've been very careless with their trash disposal. Routinely it sits out on 82nd street for days. For example, this past week, it was left out in the rain for 3 days. At the beginning of the school year, it once sat out, stinking, for 4 days. When it sits out, it's picked through, opened, blows in the street, etc. Worst of all, because it's left such a mess, it encourages people to throw trash on it and around it, leaving the block an absolute disaster. Attaching pictures from tonight as just one example of the aftermath.

From what I am told, a few residents from the block have been in contact with them, but the problem definitely hasn't improved. What's the recourse, if any, for this? As a school, I feel like they do have some kind of responsibility to the community, although I suspect their resources might be limited. Is contacting the 82nd BID an option? Dept of Sanitation? Danny Dromm? It's really awful for 82nd street as a whole and brings the whole block down.

Thanks so much for any advice.

Offline KGDHP

• Citizen
Re: Renaissance Charter School - Trash Disposal Issues/82nd Street
« Reply #1 on: September 03, 2019, 06:36:34 PM »
Gross - I noticed it this weekend...trash was out for 4 days. It stunk, there was banana peels and dog poop ALL OVER. I called 311 probably about 3x, but they make it harder and harder to report this kind of garbage. Suggested I call the DOE, which I will. But you need to as well - the more complaints against this school the better. This corner of 82nd street is THE WORST. And don't even get me started on the Chase bank.

Offline itsit

• Mayor
« Reply #2 on: September 03, 2019, 08:57:07 PM »
 Send photos when you complain. Lots. And use different phone numbers as this counts as more
people upset so it gets more attention. That said, one of the people at the school frequently posts
on various sites, I believe her name is Peggy Feeney? and if she is still connected to the school,
I think she could speak to the right people for this condition to change.

Jackson Heights Life

« Reply #2 on: September 03, 2019, 08:57:07 PM »