Author Topic: under sink hot water filter  (Read 644 times)

Offline jh35

• Council Member
under sink hot water filter
« on: December 08, 2018, 03:58:40 PM »
Has anyone put in an under the sink hot water filter? Please provide details of model number and how you had it installed.

Offline itsit

• Mayor
Re: under sink hot water filter
« Reply #1 on: December 15, 2018, 10:06:53 AM »
 Could I ask why you believe you need this filter? Was there condition that makes you question the water? We have a reddish
color in our shower/tub water on occasion that concerns me which is why I ask.

Offline jh35

• Council Member
« Reply #2 on: December 15, 2018, 10:08:38 AM »
Could I ask why you believe you need this filter? Was there condition that makes you question the water? We have a reddish
color in our shower/tub water on occasion that concerns me which is why I ask.

Sometimes, not infrequently, the water looks like coffee.

Offline ljr

• Council Member
« Reply #3 on: December 15, 2018, 10:13:20 AM »
This happened to us recently -- just in the bathroom sink/tub, not in the kitchen--and my super says he heard it had something to do with construction work being done nearby. We only saw this recently (last week). However, I have also noticed that the hot water coming from the hot water faucet in the bathroom sink usually looks cloudy. Not brown or reddish--cloudy white. And I have always wondered about that.

Offline jh35

• Council Member
« Reply #4 on: December 15, 2018, 10:23:21 AM »
This happened to us recently -- just in the bathroom sink/tub, not in the kitchen--and my super says he heard it had something to do with construction work being done nearby. We only saw this recently (last week). However, I have also noticed that the hot water coming from the hot water faucet in the bathroom sink usually looks cloudy. Not brown or reddish--cloudy white. And I have always wondered about that.

I found a hot water filter but I think I need a plumber to install it.
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B077J6R948/

Offline itsit

• Mayor
« Reply #5 on: December 15, 2018, 02:37:35 PM »
 Yes, it does look like you would need a plumber to install this filter. Would you have to break through tiles and the
faucets also? Seems like it would go behind the wall if your shower/bath fixtures are traditionally mounted.

Offline jh35

• Council Member
« Reply #6 on: December 15, 2018, 03:42:37 PM »
Yes, it does look like you would need a plumber to install this filter. Would you have to break through tiles and the
faucets also? Seems like it would go behind the wall if your shower/bath fixtures are traditionally mounted.
I just want it under the sink. I already have a cold water filter. It would need adapters to match the size that is there now.

It would be easier if there were a faucet that mixed the hot and cold water and then it would be filtered.

Jackson Heights Life

« Reply #6 on: December 15, 2018, 03:42:37 PM »