Author Topic: Looking for 3 Br or TWO HUGE convertible What are the best buildings  (Read 2763 times)

Offline hunnybear

• Activist
What are the best buildings in JH that are finacially stable/low maintanance easy board and CLEAANNNNN? Am I asking too much?  Looking for a HUGE 2BR/3 BR elevator/laundry room/dining room or area  in the mid 300's or less. Prefer Pet friendly if I decide to get a dog later on. Does this exist? maybe i should do a poll?

Offline Marlene

• Mayor
Re: Looking for 3 Br or TWO HUGE convertible What are the best buildings
« Reply #1 on: November 17, 2008, 12:29:33 AM »
There are many great buildings.  I just happen to be very fond of The Berkeley as a 20 year resident.  With beautiful units, a very efficient new board, which allows open communication between the shareholders and the directors, a new in-house newletter with all sorts of updates, $2 million in the reserve fund and a very involved group of shareholders, I would vote for the Berkeley as being one of the leading Jackson Heights co-ops.  The Berkeley does not have three bedroom units, but there are two bedrooms that are selling in the upper $400's.  Marlene

Offline Shelby2

• Global Moderator
  • Mayor
« Reply #2 on: November 17, 2008, 01:02:25 AM »
I'm pretty sure that Roosevelt Terrace on 85th betwen 37th and 35th has 3 bedrooms going for that price.  The prices are a bit lower in that building because of the flip tax on profit when you sell (I believe).  It's extremely well kept, including the basement garbage area - spotless.  I don't know anything about the board.

Have you looked at photos on http://www.jacksonheightsproperties.com/agent/listings.php?username=vsimkhov
and http://www.mpcproperties.com/queenscooplistings.php ?

Also it seems like I have seen some very reasonably priced larger apartments in Southridge and Northridge on Northern Blvd in the low 90s.  They may have a high flip tax too.  I don't know anything at all about that complex so this isn't a recommendation exactly.

Offline Marlene

• Mayor
« Reply #3 on: November 17, 2008, 09:49:41 AM »
"I'm pretty sure that Roosevelt Terrace on 85th betwen 37th and 35th has 3 bedrooms going for that price.  The prices are a bit lower in that building because of the flip tax on profit when you sell (I believe).  It's extremely well kept, including the basement garbage area - spotless.  I don't know anything about the board.
Have you looked at photos on http://www.jacksonheightsproperties.com/agent/listings.php?username=vsimkhov
and http://www.mpcproperties.com/queenscooplistings.php ?
Also it seems like I have seen some very reasonably priced larger apartments in Southridge and Northridge on Northern Blvd in the low 90s.  They may have a high flip tax too.  I don't know anything at all about that complex so this isn't a recommendation exactly."

Shelby is correct.  Roosevelt Terrace has three bedroom units going for a price closer to $300K which is listed at $339K with one bathroom.  The flip tax is 25% upon the sale.  You will pay 25% of your profit to the corporation.  The co-op is 100% owner occupied.

Shelby neglected to add me on the recommendation list, so I'll market myself. Why not? LOL.  You can look at my listings under Marlene Flores on the Century 21 Best website, call me at 917-208-6709, or email me at marleneflores25@yahoo.com.  I am a member of the MLS (Multiple Listing Service) and can provide you with many listings in and around our beautiful Jackson Heights community.

As Shelby indicates, there are as well reasonably priced larger apartments in Southridge and Northridge in the low 90s, with I believe, a 25% flip tax as well.  I'm hoping that a good real estate agent, and we have many in the community will be able to assist you with your search.  If you would like to contact MPC or Vladimir as Shelby has recommended that is a good option, or you can contact me and/or others in our community who are experienced in real estate.  Many of us work together and try to assist each other.  Some are members of the MLS and some are not.  The MLS gives you a greater advantage, as many of the properties are listed on that site. 

I thought it would be helpful for you to have the information below, as I am selling units at The Roosevelt Terrace:

Below are the FINANCIAL QUALIFICATION OF ROOSEVELT TERRACE APPLICANTS
1. Applicant (s) must have an annual gross income of not less than three times the total annual cost of maintenance plus mortgage payments for the proposed purchase. 
2. A minimum down payment of20 per cent of the purchase price is required (10% at contract, balance at closing).
3 Monthly debt obligations, such as credit card and car loan repayments, installment loans, child support, alimony, and the monthly maintenance and mortgage payments for the proposed apartment must not exceed 36 per cent of monthly gross income. 
4. In addition to the down payment, applicants must have suffcient liquid assets to cover six (6) months of maintenance and mortgage payments at the closing.
« Last Edit: November 17, 2008, 09:58:24 AM by Marlene »

Offline joeychenz

• Tourist
« Reply #4 on: November 18, 2008, 02:59:17 PM »
I have a 2 bed 1 bath , with a HUGE living room . Around 1300 SF , at Jac Tower  ( 72nd st & 35Ave )

5 mins walking from all the trains , would this work for you ?

Here is my E-mail address , Joeychenz@aol.com

Thank you

What are the best buildings in JH that are finacially stable/low maintanance easy board and CLEAANNNNN? Am I asking too much?  Looking for a HUGE 2BR/3 BR elevator/laundry room/dining room or area  in the mid 300's or less. Prefer Pet friendly if I decide to get a dog later on. Does this exist? maybe i should do a poll?

Offline Shelby2

• Global Moderator
  • Mayor
« Reply #5 on: November 18, 2008, 04:45:50 PM »
Shelby is correct.  Roosevelt Terrace has three bedroom units going for a price closer to $300K which is listed at $339K with one bathroom.  The flip tax is 25% upon the sale.  You will pay 25% of your profit to the corporation.  The co-op is 100% owner occupied.

Shelby neglected to add me on the recommendation list, so I'll market myself. Why not? LOL.  You can look at my listings under Marlene Flores on the Century 21 Best website, call me at 917-208-6709, or email me at marleneflores25@yahoo.com.  I am a member of the MLS (Multiple Listing Service) and can provide you with many listings in and around our beautiful Jackson Heights community.

Actually, I was only recommending the photos on those realtors' sites as those are the photos I like to look at.  Vladimir's appear to be very accurate but Michael's seem to be taken with the kind of lens that makes rooms look much bigger than they really are, so I always keep that in mind when I look at the photos on the two sites.  Again, this is not a recommendation for realtors.  I simply like the photos. 

I can think of several more local realtors who have photos and websites, but for my taste, the photos are too small on the screen or there aren't enough of them to give a good sense of the space.
« Last Edit: November 18, 2008, 05:15:39 PM by Shelby2 »

Offline Mike V

• Council Member
« Reply #6 on: November 18, 2008, 08:12:14 PM »
The best value two bedrooms one bath/two bath in JH's in my opinion is the Belvedere (3 buildings) located on 84th St between 35th & 37th St, 35th Ave between 84th & 85th Ave & 85th St between 35th Ave & 37th Ave. A very large one bedroom (about 900Sf) with a huge eat in kitchen is about $520 a month maint (incredible value).   Another very special building complex similar to the Belvedere is the Berkeley (also 3 building) located  on 77th St, 78th St & 35th Ave.   A large one bedroom similar to the Belvedere at the Berkeley is about $625 a month.  These are very well managed building with strong financials in prime areas with beautiful gardens.  The bottom line is location, low maint and well managed buildings.  You can't go wrong with either of these two quality cooperatives. 

Jackson Heights Life

« Reply #6 on: November 18, 2008, 08:12:14 PM »