Author Topic: Unisphere doc screening in Flushing next Saturday afternoon  (Read 527 times)

Offline Seth

• Tourist
Unisphere doc screening in Flushing next Saturday afternoon
« on: November 11, 2018, 11:17:57 AM »
Please join me to screen and discuss Between Neighborhoods: my split-screen, historical artdoc about the interborough and international present and past of immigration and imperialism that orbit the Unisphere across the last fifty years.  I especially look forward to hearing what you think in the wake of the political earthquake centered here, in Queens, that expressed forces Between Neighborhoods, made and much of it shot in Jackson Heights, examines.  It's at the Queens Historical Society next Saturday, 17 November at 2:30 https://queenshistoricalsociety.org/events/between-neighborhoods-film-screening/  you can find more Between Neighborhoods, info and clips, here sevenlocalfilm.com

Offline abcdefghijk

• Mayor
Re: Unisphere doc screening in Flushing next Saturday afternoon
« Reply #1 on: November 11, 2018, 06:38:11 PM »
This looks great.

Can't make next Sat due to previous plans but when would be the next screening?  Possibly in Jackson Heights?  The Jewish Center? Hint. Hint.

Offline Seth

• Tourist
« Reply #2 on: November 12, 2018, 12:07:39 PM »
That's a great idea.  I'd love to show Between Neighborhoods in Jackson Heights.  In the meantime, if you want to stay in touch with Between Neighborhoods, you can join the mailing list at sevenlocalfilm.com where you can also find out where Between Neighborhoods is scheduled to screen next.  Thanks for the interest.  Seth

Jackson Heights Life

« Reply #2 on: November 12, 2018, 12:07:39 PM »