Author Topic: Superb picture framer  (Read 452 times)

Offline Suzaan

• Tourist
    • My publications
Superb picture framer
« on: October 27, 2018, 05:03:55 PM »
I would like to highly recommend a picture framer I have used and counted on for years for safe and beautiful mats and custom frames for paintings, photographs, and prints, after an architect referred me to him.  He knows and has available acid-free matting so works on paper don't deteriorate and yellow, has a variety of frame options, can get non-glare glass or Plexiglas (so you don't see yourself reflected rather than the work of art you want to gaze at), and is remarkably ((astonishingly)) inexpensive. The facade of his shop, Angel Frame -- must be the former owner's title -- looks funky, and he is a reticent Korean of few words but with sharp knowledge, and opinions about framing choice if you want them, and the pictures come back to you with beautiful workmanship.  Cash only.  Sung Lee, Angel Frame, 63-4 Roosevelt Avenue, Woodside,  Mon-Sat 10:30 - 7:30pm,  718 424-9317.   ;D ;D

Offline lalochezia

• Mayor
Re: Superb picture framer
« Reply #1 on: October 27, 2018, 05:18:27 PM »
I recommend angel frame as well. Really high quality, hand made old-school framer with a huge variety of materials on hand or will order.

Offline itsit

• Council Member
« Reply #2 on: October 28, 2018, 09:08:59 AM »
 Thanks for this. Have been looking for exactly this type of business for some time.

Offline pynchoff

• Citizen
« Reply #3 on: October 28, 2018, 10:52:24 AM »
I am another highly satisfied customer of Angel Frame.

Offline dssjh

• Mayor
« Reply #4 on: October 28, 2018, 11:12:00 AM »
used Angel Frame a few years ago and was really impressed with the work. i'd used a framer on 14th street in Manhattan before that, and also got good work, but Angel Frame was friendlier, faster and about 40-50 percent less expensive. highly recommended!

Offline Suzaan

• Tourist
    • My publications
be a match-maker
« Reply #5 on: October 28, 2018, 11:31:16 AM »
(As a bonus -- to someone, and you DIDN'T hear it from me -- Mr. Angel Frame told me two or three years ago that he was seeking a girlfriend/wife.  He's a nice guy, but single Korean women I know says his business is too down market for their culture's expectations for the ideal mate.  They haven't learned yet that you have to give up the aim of the ideal to find the real.)

Offline abcdefghijk

• Mayor
Re: be a match-maker
« Reply #6 on: October 28, 2018, 12:15:32 PM »
They haven't learned yet that you have to give up the aim of the ideal to find the real.)

Smart.

Jackson Heights Life

Re: be a match-maker
« Reply #6 on: October 28, 2018, 12:15:32 PM »