Author Topic: My experience at JH City MD  (Read 2151 times)

Offline jh35

• Activist
Re: My experience at JH City MD
« Reply #15 on: November 16, 2018, 08:35:38 PM »
Guess where I went today? That's right, CityMD.

A day after bringing my spouse home from the hospital, I had to do something about my sore thoat, which has been bad for several days.  My regular doctor's secretary said that he would not prescribe antibiotics over the phone.

The appointment at CityMD was uneventful. I even saw Dr. Chu.

I suspect, and I could be wrong, that CityMD has told the doctors to not interact with the emergencies so that they will not be sued.

Yes, you could say that I have no shame.

Offline worldwidedeb

• Resident
« Reply #16 on: November 22, 2018, 11:19:06 PM »
I had an excellent experience at City MD on Roosevelt this past summer, with very thorough follow-through. I saw Dr. Venegas. I was pretty impressed with the quality of care. Would definitely go back.

Offline JH3525

• Council Member
« Reply #17 on: November 27, 2018, 05:51:04 AM »
I just received a letter from my Health Insurance Provider which says:  Our current contract with City MD & City MD Urgent Care is ending.  This means that they will no longer be part of your plan's network starting on January 1, 2019.   After January 1, 2019, you are responsible for full costs. 

Offline dssjh

• Mayor
« Reply #18 on: November 27, 2018, 11:17:26 AM »
check  to see if InstaMed is still covered. as i stated above, i felt more comfortable there. Northern and 80th, for the record.

Offline JH3525

• Council Member
« Reply #19 on: November 27, 2018, 12:52:54 PM »
dssjh:  Thanks for your reply.  I just called my Health Care Provider and InstaMed Care located at 8010 Northern Blvd 11372 is not in the Network.  I plan to visit my Health Care website and see if there are other Walk In's nearby. 

Jackson Heights Life

« Reply #19 on: November 27, 2018, 12:52:54 PM »