Author Topic: Bamboo House  (Read 1810 times)

Offline Shelby2

• Global Moderator
  • Mayor
Re: Bamboo House
« Reply #15 on: November 05, 2018, 10:25:54 PM »
Lighting and ambiance needs to be right for me to want to dine in at any restaurant. I haven't seen the blue lights of this place yet, but it sounds to me like it will be take-out only for me.

Offline JHMNY

• Global Moderator
  • Council Member
« Reply #16 on: November 06, 2018, 10:49:09 AM »
Here's a photo showing the lighting at Bamboo House. Btw, I noticed that Community Board 3 will be reviewing a full liquor license application for the restaurant, so maybe they're aiming toward a certain type of vibe / feel with that lighting.

Offline jeanette

• Mayor
« Reply #17 on: November 06, 2018, 11:07:01 AM »
Here's a photo showing the lighting at Bamboo House. Btw, I noticed that Community Board 3 will be reviewing a full liquor license application for the restaurant, so maybe they're aiming toward a certain type of vibe / feel with that lighting.

and it is advertised as such (...and Bar) which, by the way, strikes me as odd given the issues Swim Two Birds had with obtaining a license. Then again, we, the public, rarely get the whole picture, or the truth as the case may be.

Offline petster

• Council Member
« Reply #18 on: November 06, 2018, 11:43:19 AM »
Looks like a whore house off a canal in Amsterdam. 

Offline StevenGrey

• Council Member
« Reply #19 on: November 06, 2018, 05:25:19 PM »
I passed by just about an hour ago and it seemed like they had "normal" lighting inside now. Maybe someone alerted them to this message thread out of kindness? Anyway, I'll be interested to know what folks think of the food.

Offline ljr

• Council Member
« Reply #20 on: November 06, 2018, 06:54:41 PM »
I saw a steam table setup, so it looks like it might turn out to be similar to the big restaurant on the corner of 75th and 37th, southeast corner. A buffet place, really.  And yes the lighting is better but the decor is still weird--mounted deer heads lining the walls. Not appealing, at least to me. I'll stick with Delhi Heights.

Jackson Heights Life

« Reply #20 on: November 06, 2018, 06:54:41 PM »