Author Topic: Warning - Political Candidate Ari Espinal staff defacing doors in neighborhood  (Read 5301 times)

Offline CaptainFlannel

• Mayor
^you're being very generous and kind-hearted to those folks.  I don't think there's a single person who walked on that sidewalk
 who thought the chalk messages scrawled on a sidewalk near the farmer's market a few days before an election meant the residents of the Towers had decided to throw their support collectively to Cynthia Nixon.

What's all the more strange about this is that if this actually happened how it was reported, these folks got their dander mightily up over chalk messages that were going to wash away in the rain.

Offline jeanette

• Mayor
Anyhow, is writing on a public sidewalk in chalk during the rain on par with vandalism and destruction of property?

maybe they were kids...

This video was originally posted on AO-C's twitter account:

https://heavy.com/news/2018/09/ocasio-cortez-kids-trump/#comments

I'm just kidding, of course, but you can see at the beginning the young boys hardly know or care what she is talking about until she says "fight trump" (or something to that effect). Then the boys go into a frenzy to which even CCM Williams is taken aback.

So many a-holes who think politics is just a game.
« Last Edit: September 10, 2018, 12:57:40 PM by jeanette »

Offline Grabey

• Activist
Just noticed this morning that the wall next to our apartment door has two X's and a half-circle drawn on it in ballpoint pen. This is similar to the marks others described leading up to the primaries a few weeks ago. I'm not sure when they were put there because I just noticed them today. I'll check tonight to see if others in my building have these marks as well and I'll post a photo. We're both registered democrats and had a TON of canvassers before the primary. Since then we've only had one canvasser (when we were home, anyway) and it was for Ocasio-Cortez.

We're right across the street from where the earlier defacing occurred (75th St btw 35th & 37th) so my guess is that it's the same canvassers as before. Has this happened recently (in the past week or so) to anyone else? This is really disrespectful and I can't believe that they would come in and deface my building!

Offline CaptainFlannel

• Mayor
^if it's related to canvassers, it's probably not new since the primary election was about a month ago.

Offline Grabey

• Activist
Could be new, people are out canvassing for the general election coming up in November. We've had at least one visit since the primaries.

Offline CaptainFlannel

• Mayor
^It could be, but it's more likely not previously noticed since the real competition in the district is the primaries. I haven't heard about any of the defeated candidates in any of the races running on another party line on the ballot, a la Tony Avella.

Jackson Heights Life