Author Topic: Monserrate Running for Party Position  (Read 2106 times)

Offline earbears

• Mayor
Monserrate Running for Party Position
« on: August 25, 2018, 03:08:33 PM »
Please check into your candidates very well. We have many "new" candidates that have been trained and are endebted to Hiram Monserrate. Yes, he is running for District Leader in his area and his followers are running in our areas. Speaking for myself I do NOT want his influence taking over. I ask that you each research all the candidates. That would include their Facebbok accounts, Twitter accounts and anything else you can find.

I know that in my area - (34th - part A) - the new candidate is a Monserrate follower and has done nothing to work for this neighborhood. I will never vote for her.  I believe that Hiram has people running for District leader in many areas so that he can he elected County Leader. Is that what you want - Hiram taking over the machine???? NO!!!  NEVER!!!

I will vote for Maureen Allen - the incubent. She has worked hard for all of JH for many years. Yes, she  can be called a mamber of the establishment. However, she is a proven die-hard Jackson Heighter. She is also President of the JH Kiwanis Club and they have sponsered many events here. Remember the big street fair along 37th Avenue? Maureen has always been incharge of it. She is responsive to the residents and the merchants in Jackson Heights through her associations. She is the person to help keep JH beautiful, functioning and the place we love.

Please research them both. Do you want Hiram invovled in Jackson Heights? Do you want Hiram to take over the County party?? I say NO!!!  NEVER!!!!

NO for Monserrate and his followers!

VOTE FOR MAUREEN ALLEN !!!!

Online Chingwa

• Activist
Re: Monserrate Running for Party Position
« Reply #1 on: August 27, 2018, 06:59:51 PM »
How does Monserrate get to run again even after being convicted?  Politics is a truly dirty and corrupt endeavor.

Offline Gordan

• Activist
« Reply #2 on: August 27, 2018, 07:51:13 PM »
Please check into your candidates very well. We have many "new" candidates that have been trained and are endebted to Hiram Monserrate. Yes, he is running for District Leader in his area and his followers are running in our areas. Speaking for myself I do NOT want his influence taking over. I ask that you each research all the candidates. That would include their Facebbok accounts, Twitter accounts and anything else you can find.

I know that in my area - (34th - part A) - the new candidate is a Monserrate follower and has done nothing to work for this neighborhood. I will never vote for her.  I believe that Hiram has people running for District leader in many areas so that he can he elected County Leader. Is that what you want - Hiram taking over the machine???? NO!!!  NEVER!!!

I will vote for Maureen Allen - the incubent. She has worked hard for all of JH for many years. Yes, she  can be called a mamber of the establishment. However, she is a proven die-hard Jackson Heighter. She is also President of the JH Kiwanis Club and they have sponsered many events here. Remember the big street fair along 37th Avenue? Maureen has always been incharge of it. She is responsive to the residents and the merchants in Jackson Heights through her associations. She is the person to help keep JH beautiful, functioning and the place we love.

Please research them both. Do you want Hiram invovled in Jackson Heights? Do you want Hiram to take over the County party?? I say NO!!!  NEVER!!!!

NO for Monserrate and his followers!

VOTE FOR MAUREEN ALLEN !!!!

HOLY SMOKES! Thank you for posting this.

A woman who is running came to our door a month or two ago. My wife and I spoke with her and appreciated her effort to run. So I was going to support her. She is running as part of a group of other latinos and mentioned that they felt it was time to step up and help their community.

After reading this I looked up Monserrate's Twitter account. And she immediately popped up!!! He was endorsing her (sort of). I know that he runs a Latino Democratic club. And people get criticized for appearing there, not knowing more about him or the club. This also happened to Ocasio Cortez (and Peralta  >:(). I'm not taking any chances though.

By the way, One of the things he does on his feed is come off like a BIG TIME Bernie supporter and progressive. This is also TOTALLY misleading in his characteristic way.

Online Jhx

• Activist
« Reply #3 on: August 27, 2018, 11:18:59 PM »
That’s right, do your research.

Offline JHMNY

• Global Moderator
  • Council Member
« Reply #4 on: August 28, 2018, 09:32:05 AM »
The New York Post has a story about Monserrate's current run for district leader.

Disgraced former senator running for office again

Offline earbears

• Mayor
« Reply #5 on: August 30, 2018, 02:39:21 PM »
DO NOT VOTE FOR THEM!!!
They are Monserrate Followers!!!

Ramon Ramirez Baez (State Committee 39AD)

Carmen Enriquez (State Committee 39AD)

Liliana Melo (District Leader 34AD - Part A)

Luis Gomez (District Leader 34AD - Part A)

Isabel Encalada (State Committee 34AD)

William Marquez (State Committee 34AD)

Patricia Suero (State Committee 35AD)

Hiram Monserrate (District Leader 35AD - Part A)

There are also a bunch of County Committee people put up by Monserrate, mostly in the 35th AD.

Offline Gordan

• Activist
« Reply #6 on: August 30, 2018, 08:31:49 PM »
I have to agree with earbears!

Today walking down 37th ave I saw a flyer for them with a website.

https://www.eecdems.org/

I quickly looked it up out of curiosity. It was the club I previously mentioned. Monserrate is ALL OVER THIS!!! He's in a lot of photos. Sadly, so many of them worked to elect Ocasio-Cortez too. Peralta is also in the mix. It's easily available to anyone who'd make a basic inquiry.

A person who cares about vulnerable people should just intrinsically understand that stealing large sums of campaign cash and violent domestic abuse are just wrong. It's not "progressive". Pay your debt to society but, move on and stop trying to make a comeback. It's honestly a little sick...

Offline earbears

• Mayor
« Reply #7 on: September 03, 2018, 07:11:46 PM »
10 days until the Democrat Primary

Offline wlirfan

• Activist
« Reply #8 on: September 05, 2018, 11:02:48 AM »
Thanks for the info.  I'd rather die than vote for anyone that supports Monserrate.  He betrayed the trust of every single resident by stealing money from us, and he betrayed my trust personally by joining the Republicans (just like Peralta) and by voting against marriage equality.  Screw him.  At least now I know who they are.

Offline the80s

• Activist
« Reply #9 on: September 05, 2018, 11:35:29 AM »
DO NOT VOTE FOR THEM!!!
They are Monserrate Followers!!!

Ramon Ramirez Baez (State Committee 39AD)

Carmen Enriquez (State Committee 39AD)

Liliana Melo (District Leader 34AD - Part A)

Luis Gomez (District Leader 34AD - Part A)

Isabel Encalada (State Committee 34AD)

William Marquez (State Committee 34AD)

Patricia Suero (State Committee 35AD)

Hiram Monserrate (District Leader 35AD - Part A)

There are also a bunch of County Committee people put up by Monserrate, mostly in the 35th AD.

Does anyone know how we can see everyone who will be on our ballots, so we know what our options are before we go into the voting booth?

I know of course we'll be voting for governor, state senate, attorney general, and (in some parts of JH) assembly, but what about these other small positions?

Offline earbears

• Mayor
« Reply #10 on: September 05, 2018, 05:36:29 PM »
http://whosontheballot.org/

Just type in your adress and you will see the offices to vote for. Expand the office and you will see the names of the candidates

Offline earbears

• Mayor
« Reply #11 on: September 06, 2018, 10:37:56 AM »
There is a wonderful video on Facebook that all voters in District 34 should see. I am posting the link for those who have a Facebook account. Unfortunately, I do not have the original item.

https://www.facebook.com/194662079187/videos/821658061557856/?t=2

Offline Gordan

• Activist
« Reply #12 on: September 09, 2018, 10:50:25 PM »
I was at the farmers market today and saw Liliana Melo campaigning so, I decided to ask her in person if she supports Monnserate. I was not trying to be controversial. I asked politely. I simply didn't want to guided by anonymous posts on this thread.

The woman folded like a chair! It was immediately a hot button issue. She could not answer directly. She said she did not know if she would or would not support him. The man with her chimed in by saying that you cannot know what the future holds and that some Democrats become Republicans. I was stunned by their response and I honestly meant no harm. It almost became a huge argument so, I walked away because I really did not expect that. I guess that's all I need to know though as for as this subject goes.

Online Jhx

• Activist
« Reply #13 on: September 09, 2018, 11:17:01 PM »
Drain the swamp. TRUMP 2024

Offline earbears

• Mayor
« Reply #14 on: September 10, 2018, 03:10:27 PM »
I was at the farmers market today and saw Liliana Melo campaigning so, I decided to ask her in person if she supports Monnserate.

She does not know much about the area. Look at her twitter or Facebook page and you will see that she is 90% involved with politics outside the USA. She is a follower of Hiram Monserrate.

VOTE FOR MAUREEN ALLEN!!!

Jackson Heights Life

« Reply #14 on: September 10, 2018, 03:10:27 PM »