Author Topic: Why did you move here?  (Read 2675 times)

Offline Minimal4me

• Council Member
Re: Why did you move here?
« Reply #45 on: July 04, 2018, 07:45:21 AM »
dssjh - if you're looking for a fine dining experience, I highly recommend ADDICTIVE 87.

I don't, I recommend going to any other gentrified neighborhoods and patronizing their fine dining. The food, drink and service at Addictive strikes me as sophomoric. They mean well, that was discernible, but I left unimpressed and unlikely to ever return. Regardless of that fact and opinion, I wish them well and I'm sure they will continue to succeed.

I can't believe anyone has anything negative to say about this restaurant and the wine shop across the street. What these two entrepreneurs are doing in this neighborhood should be a model for anyone interested in opening a new business in JH. They clearly love the neighborhood, and each business they open fills a need that's not currently being met. Their wine shop hosts tastings that aren't just a splash in the glass but a real tasting and discussion with usually a wine expert, plus a handful of neighbors you've never met talking about wines from regions that are under-promoted. I had my first taste of a Czech wine there. The tapas restaurant is packed, and they do everything they can to make your dinner special. We don't eat out a lot, but when we do this place and Armondo's are my go-tos.

Offline Lilybell

• Mayor
« Reply #46 on: July 10, 2018, 03:02:09 PM »
So actual residents of the neighborhood are trying to have a conversation about implications of gentrification and you decide to mock it as pretentious all the while seemingly work with or for the city? that bodes well for us. You realize how insulting and condescending it is for you to mock this as fake pretension when we're saying this has impact?

I was referring to the tone of OP's posts. But thanks for thinking the worst about me!

Offline jo3boxer

• Tourist
« Reply #47 on: July 13, 2018, 06:38:35 PM »
i'm going to go out on a limb and assume the 'we' that n00b was referring to were his/her posts/pov and my own.

i don't think n00b thought the worst of you so much as deduced those things based on your a) completely disregarding their post in order to make snide remarks about mine and b) make snide remarks about mine instead of addressing the issues i've pointed out on this board.

i could have just created a post entitled 'free thought dump' and the responses would have proven my points just as clearly.

someone here said the two restaurants they patronize in JH are Armando's and Addictive. GTFOH.

Offline ljr

• Council Member
« Reply #48 on: July 14, 2018, 12:20:53 AM »
jo3boxer--You display remarkable hostility and nastiness with every word you write. I don't know why anyone would want to engage with you about anything.

Jackson Heights Life

« Reply #48 on: July 14, 2018, 12:20:53 AM »