Author Topic: Ceative suggestions for Coop Annual Meeting supper?  (Read 446 times)

Offline Suzaan

• Resident
    • My publications
Ceative suggestions for Coop Annual Meeting supper?
« on: June 15, 2018, 06:04:52 PM »
Seeking ideas on how to serve modest and healthy lite dinner-like buffet food to coop shareholders prior to our annual meeting.  The obvious is to get industrial hors d'oeuvre party food in snacking units at Costco.  Need to feed maybe 50 people for less than $200, exclusive of beverage, which will be lemon infused water.  I don't want to cook, or even get into making salads.  Will get deserts at Costco in any case.  Residents expect dinner.  Local restaurants won't work with me on this, the budget too constrained, and I don't want shish kabob sticks, would like to avoid meat and chicken entirely, but may not.  What does your coop do when providing food for building-wide events?  Thanks!  Or should I just get the best local pizzas I can find?

Offline dssjh

• Mayor
Re: Ceative suggestions for Coop Annual Meeting supper?
« Reply #1 on: June 15, 2018, 06:30:19 PM »
it's been years since we did that, but i'd do something like pizza. and maybe a bunch of dips (from Jackson Gyro or Plaka?).

Offline Jeffsayyes

• Mayor
    • Jeffrey Tastes
« Reply #2 on: June 15, 2018, 07:31:30 PM »
appetizers at Despana, Apetito, samosas from wherever. Lots of South Asian places can do a vegetarian buffet pretty reasonably. You can go to a Greek supermarket in Astoria and cut the cost of what you would get at Jackson Gyro. You can do spaghetti buffet. Taco buffet. Assemble your own whatever are fun and cheap.

Jackson Heights Life

« Reply #2 on: June 15, 2018, 07:31:30 PM »