Author Topic: Spanish language classes for adults?  (Read 1100 times)

Offline ROBERTJANITZ

• Tourist
Spanish language classes for adults?
« on: June 05, 2018, 11:21:49 AM »
Holà!

i'm looking for Spanish language classes for adults in Jackson Heights.
small class or private lessons too.
i'm a 'fake beginner'. i'm fluent in French, English and German (and some Italian) and want to improve my Spanish.
schedule flexible, maybe twice a week.

Thanks
Robert

Offline MrPlaza

• Council Member
Re: Spanish language classes for adults?
« Reply #1 on: June 07, 2018, 06:22:57 PM »
I don’t speak as many languages. Like Bruce Willis, I only speak two languages: English and Bad English. I’m working on my Spanish (Duolingo), and it helps that my wife only speaks Spanish to our son, but I think some extra help would be beneficial.

Offline Alfster

• Activist
« Reply #2 on: June 08, 2018, 09:36:38 AM »
I don’t speak as many languages. Like Bruce Willis, I only speak two languages: English and Bad English. I’m working on my Spanish (Duolingo), and it helps that my wife only speaks Spanish to our son, but I think some extra help would be beneficial.

There are many resources available on YouTube if you don't want to leave the house :-).  Otherwise, you might want to check the local library.

Offline nancygoldman

• Resident
« Reply #3 on: June 08, 2018, 04:51:54 PM »
I am interested in (re)learning my four years of high school Spanish.  I thought I might accomplish this by having conversations with people who are fluent in Spanish and would like to learn English (kind of a language swap?). Please drop me a line if you have any interest in something like this.

Offline jeanette

• Mayor
« Reply #4 on: June 08, 2018, 05:37:24 PM »
I am interested in (re)learning my four years of high school Spanish.  I thought I might accomplish this by having conversations with people who are fluent in Spanish and would like to learn English (kind of a language swap?).

Hi Nancy. I would recommend looking into Berges, a Spanish-only language school in midtown. For under $300 you get 10 one-and-a-half hour lessons. They offer Convo 1, 2 and 3.

As you know, the Spanish language is complex and varied. Native speakers speak in a vernacular, and you'll find poor grammar more often than not. I think you'll be more satisfied with a course at Berges, at least until you're fairly refreshed.

For the record, I was introduced to Berges by a fellow JHLifer. Now I'm addicted.

Buena suerte.

Offline jeanette

• Mayor
« Reply #5 on: November 27, 2019, 08:18:32 PM »
Berges is a Spanish language school in midtown Manhattan. They provide five levels of instruction (in person and online), four conversation classes from beginners to master, private lessons @$59/hr., and 1.5 hour workshops. The only workshops scheduled at this time are present and past tense practice, but hopefully they will expand them beyond beginners.

Right now they are running a black friday sale on both the 10-week levels and the conversation classes. The $50 discount will run you about $225 per.

https://www.bergesinstitutespanish.com/online
212 630 9960

Offline dotley

• Council Member
« Reply #6 on: November 28, 2019, 09:42:42 PM »
The library offers free language leaning classes at various branches in queens. I am taking two beginner Spanish classes which will be ending in two weeks. Most probably will be offered again in the spring. Check their website

Jackson Heights Life

« Reply #6 on: November 28, 2019, 09:42:42 PM »