Author Topic: Romeo's, Arepa Lady & Mario's Pizza  (Read 1020 times)

Offline JH3525

• Activist
Romeo's, Arepa Lady & Mario's Pizza
« on: May 16, 2018, 08:24:21 AM »
Anyone with some news on the opening of Romeo's Italian Restaurant, Arepa Lady & Mario's Pizza (former location of Fresh Split Milk)?  Romeo's began construction in August 2017 so I would imagine they should open soon.  Arepa Lady was expected to open late March 2018.  What came as a surprise is Mario's Pizza returning.   I'm looking forward to all three opening especially Romeo's. 

Offline the80s

• Citizen
Re: Romeo's, Arepa Lady & Mario's Pizza
« Reply #1 on: May 16, 2018, 08:58:07 AM »
On Instagram, on May 3, Arepa Lady said they'd be opening in "hopefully just a couple of weeks." So fingers crossed they are open by the end of the month.
https://www.instagram.com/p/BiUUsyCFOU4/?hl=en&taken-by=arepalady

Offline JHMNY

• Global Moderator
  • Activist
« Reply #2 on: May 16, 2018, 10:33:48 AM »
I'm not sure how long ago it was installed, but Romeo's has its new sign up.  Albeit slowly, things are moving along.

Offline dssjh

• Mayor
« Reply #3 on: May 16, 2018, 10:42:51 AM »
Arepa Lady is definitely moving along. the interior doesn't look *finished*, but they've made some major inroads already. haven't been able to see inside Romeo's, but looking forward to seeing what they come up with.

Offline JK resident

• Activist
« Reply #4 on: May 16, 2018, 05:10:15 PM »
Stew’s going head to head against Arepa Lady ( who he previously trashed). My money is on Arepa Lady to survive in “Jackson Heights Restaurant Wars”. Who will be first to get approval from the DOB? Who will get a Michelin star? Who will get their food trashed on JH Life?

This and more coming soon on Jackson Heights Life!

Offline frances

• Citizen
« Reply #5 on: May 16, 2018, 05:22:12 PM »
Fresh Spilt Mil'k now has a sign stating that it will be serving Argentinian pizza.

Offline dssjh

• Mayor
« Reply #6 on: May 16, 2018, 05:50:47 PM »
well,  if the restaurant thing doesn't work, Stew should think about starting a cult -- judging by the number of people here who've pledged undying loyalty to him without knowing a thing about his culinary skills.  ;)

Stew’s going head to head against Arepa Lady ( who he previously trashed). My money is on Arepa Lady to survive in “Jackson Heights Restaurant Wars”. Who will be first to get approval from the DOB? Who will get a Michelin star? Who will get their food trashed on JH Life?

This and more coming soon on Jackson Heights Life!

Offline Di_11372

• Activist
« Reply #7 on: May 16, 2018, 09:15:38 PM »

Did someone say Argentinian Style Pizza, now I'm excited :)

THE BEST pizza in the world.

Anyone who's been to Buenos Aires would attest to this.

Offline Ed

• Mayor
« Reply #8 on: May 19, 2018, 04:00:28 PM »
I have not been to Buenos Aires, what's the deal with Argentinian pizza?

Offline jeanette

• Mayor
« Reply #9 on: May 19, 2018, 05:40:51 PM »
I have written on this forum quite a few times about Argentine pizza. There used to be an Argentinian pizzeria around 2007-2008, which was right at the foot of the 7 train on 90th. It closed and the owner/manager reopened for a short few months in and concurrent with Party Pizza (where Sac's is now). There is a home-style version almost always available at La Gran Uruguaya bakery and also at La Nueva bakery.

I can't remember it ever being greasy. It's my favorite of all the everyday-type pizzeria pizzas, i.e. pre-baked, sold by slice, quick, inexpensive.

I wouldn't doubt, in fact I hope, it's the same guy opening at the spilt milk address.

Offline dssjh

• Mayor
« Reply #10 on: May 19, 2018, 06:34:19 PM »
i love Argentinian pizza -- the style is distinctive, and the pizzaolas really pay attention to the dough, which is neither cracker thin nor sicilian style, almost puffy in a way. it'd be cool if that were the case up the block.

Jackson Heights Life

« Reply #10 on: May 19, 2018, 06:34:19 PM »