Author Topic: Lamoon - new Thai restaurant in Elmhurst  (Read 1618 times)

Offline the80s

• Activist
Lamoon - new Thai restaurant in Elmhurst
« on: April 18, 2018, 01:13:32 PM »
Has anyone tried Lamoon, a Northern Thai restaurant that seems to have opened recently in Elmhurst?
8140 Broadway

I haven't checked it out yet; just stumbled across it on Yelp. Based on the photos, it looks like a pretty nice place to sit down and eat, though of course there's plenty of competition for Thai food in Elmhurst.

https://www.yelp.com/biz/lamoon-queens

Online dssjh

• Mayor
Re: Lamoon - new Thai restaurant in Elmhurst
« Reply #1 on: April 18, 2018, 01:29:39 PM »
oh doggone -- that's the address of one of the better (i guess now former) Thai places in Elmhurst, Ploy Thai. not quite Ayada or Sripraphai, but it was pretty great all-around. have to give this a chance, of course, but it's disappointing to know Ploy is gone.

Offline pynchoff

• Citizen
« Reply #2 on: April 18, 2018, 02:16:42 PM »
Tried it and thought it was very good though not quite up to Ayada or Khao Kang. They specialize in northern Thai cuisine. I thought that the menu was a bit too heavy on pork dishes. That said, the restaurant is quite attractive and friendly and I certainly plan to go back and try a few more things.

Online toddg

• Mayor
  • Lived here since: 2002
« Reply #3 on: May 10, 2018, 11:18:43 PM »

Offline petegart

• Activist
« Reply #4 on: July 31, 2019, 02:29:12 PM »
Finally tried Lamoon this afternoon, excellent - excellent!!  The menu has a lot of unique choices you don’t find in typical Thai restaurants.  They have a lunch special menu, but we tried other main courses.  FYI cash only, and I ran next door to buy a beer as they don’t have it on the menu.. 

Offline chocopie

• Resident
« Reply #5 on: August 21, 2019, 02:52:52 PM »
I would eat there everyday if I could. We had the mango salad, tea flavored pad thai and a spicy red curry and the sticky rice dessert in coconut milk. Their fragrant leaf house tea is heavenly.

Jackson Heights Life

« Reply #5 on: August 21, 2019, 02:52:52 PM »