Author Topic: Lamp rewiring  (Read 933 times)

Offline AllonsyPond

• Tourist
Lamp rewiring
« on: March 19, 2018, 01:30:15 PM »
Hello,
I got this beautiful 50's tension lamp at an estate sale and it needs to be rewired.  Any leads on someone who can do that in the neighborhood (it's really tall and annoying to carry), feel free to pass it on to me.  Also have another old bar clock that no longer works that I'd love to have looked at too.

Thanks!

Offline ljr

• Council Member
Re: Lamp rewiring
« Reply #1 on: March 19, 2018, 11:31:15 PM »
There is a big hardware store on 37th up around 88th St, south side of the street. I cannot recall the name but there is someone at the store who repairs lamps. I've had a few fixed there--very inexpensive, too.

Offline AllonsyPond

• Tourist
« Reply #2 on: March 20, 2018, 09:54:09 AM »
Thanks!  I'll check it out...

It's just such a pain to carry...I'll take pics and show them that first.

Best,
Liz

Offline ljr

• Council Member
« Reply #3 on: March 20, 2018, 11:58:32 AM »
I put my floor lamp in a rolling laundry/shopping cart and it wasn't too bad. I used to drive things like this to the repair shop at Gracious Home when I lived in Manhattan--but they are gone now anyway and I had no idea where to go with broken lamps. The guy at the hardware store went to some pains to fix mine up when he could have just said no, cannot do. So I appreciated that--he had to drill a hole to fit a new switch in. The lamp is old and he didn't have switches that fit.

Offline sjze10

• Resident
« Reply #4 on: March 20, 2018, 05:56:22 PM »
Best place for rewiring :

Barnett Lighting on the corner of 108th St & Roosevelt ave

Offline Handyman

• Citizen
« Reply #5 on: April 12, 2018, 08:51:55 AM »
Hi I am an experienced electrician and i have built custom lighting as well as repaired and rewired ligjt fixtures. I am available an in the area. Call me anytime at 917.804.8427

Dean

Offline Heightsman

• Tourist
« Reply #6 on: October 13, 2018, 11:21:14 AM »
I agree: Barnett Lighting on 108 St and Roosevelt is great. I just had one lamp switch replaced and a vintage lamp put back together. Highly recommended!

Jackson Heights Life

« Reply #6 on: October 13, 2018, 11:21:14 AM »