Author Topic: food at Legends?  (Read 1010 times)

Online dssjh

• Mayor
food at Legends?
« on: August 28, 2018, 05:55:26 PM »
i know the old bbq purveyors are long gone, but burgers and such were still being offered a few months ago.

went down that way for the first time in a while for a trip to the animal hospital, and the back looked deserted. i wasn't in the mood for a drink without something to soak it up so i didn't investigate further. anyone?

Offline itsit

• Council Member
Re: food at Legends?
« Reply #1 on: August 29, 2018, 08:19:58 AM »
 I think this is a fantastic location for someone to do quality bar food that people here are more familiar with than the Texas BBQ.
That food was great but a bit expensive for this area and not something that we can eat all that often. Its a dense area without many food choices...

Offline Jeffsayyes

• Mayor
    • Jeffrey Tastes
« Reply #2 on: August 29, 2018, 09:11:49 AM »
It's too bad they could never get things straight with Alchemy. That guy IS opening up a new place soon, Mothership in the LIC/Astoria area. I went to a preview last year and it had the same spark as Alchemy had. Should be good. They are waiting on permits, I believe, so it should be about 2 more years til it opens...

Haven't eaten at Legends in a few years bc I lost hope.

Offline MrPlaza

• Council Member
« Reply #3 on: August 29, 2018, 01:02:53 PM »
I went to Legends once for drinks. But it was late and the back was deserted. Much like what you’re saying. That said, there seem to be somewhat recent photos of food on Yelp. Legends isn’t really my scene regardless and it smelled pretty awful when I was there. So, not sure if it’s the kind of spot I’d go to often myself anyway. Though, I do wish there was good BBQ in the area.

Offline annie. murphy.1

• Tourist
« Reply #4 on: September 17, 2018, 12:13:53 PM »
Happened to be passing by Legends over the weekend and according to a big banner it looks like BBQ is back. Has anyone tried it?

Offline JHALUM

• Resident
« Reply #5 on: September 17, 2018, 11:56:53 PM »
The kitchen has been closed on Monday and Tuesday nights in the summer for quite some time.  Once Monday night football starts (last Monday) they are usually  open are Mondays but they have  been closed on Tuesdays for quite a while.  I used to pop in several times a month but now more like once a month or so.   Because of a busy schedule  haven't been there since July so I don't know their current schedule but will post it next time I go.

Jackson Heights Life

« Reply #5 on: September 17, 2018, 11:56:53 PM »