Author Topic: $900 bedroom in wonderful homey apartment with deck, backyard  (Read 385 times)

Offline ihansen

• Tourist
$900 bedroom in wonderful homey apartment with deck, backyard
« on: February 04, 2018, 04:34:00 PM »
To see all the great pictures, please see my post on craiglist: newyork.craigslist.org/que/roo/d/900-bedroom-in-wonderful/6481954083.html

-Looking for a February 15 or March 1 move-in date.

-Electricity and internet run approximately $65-70 per person per month

-If you are a couple, the rent will be $1500 ($750 per person), and you will have first priority in the living room and can use it as a dressing room, study space, store some of your stuff there, etc.  Rent cost for couples *includes internet and electricity* (as long as total electricity bill for the apartment does not exceed $60/month...it's typically been about $50/month).

-Full apartment, even without counting the abundant outdoor space, is about 900-1000 square feet.

-The bedroom is about 150 square feet, comes with closet, window, overhead fan.

-Option to have the bedroom semi-furnished (fold out futon bed, desk, chair, two sets of wooden bookshelves) or unfurnished.

-Six to ten minutes walk to 74th St/Jackson Heights/Roosevelt Ave subway hub (E,F,7,R,M trains); it's about 30 minutes to the MoMA/midtown, door to door. Walking distance to excellent and inexpensive restaurants of many national cuisines.  Walking distance to grocery stores and other shopping, and great live music place (Terraza 7). Laundromat three blocks away.

-Private room.  Share with leaseholder the bathroom, living room, spacious modern kitchen, storage space, and backyard (with deck, hammock, and trees).

-Living room has projector and blank wall for showing movie-sized movies. 

-Leaseholder (that's me) is laid-back college professor at CUNY only around a little more than half the week (my significant other lives elsewhere so I visit her regularly and she also visits regularly).

-$900 deposit with first month's rent, to be returned less than 2 weeks after you move out, as long as the sublettor agreement terms have been respected.

Jackson Heights Life

$900 bedroom in wonderful homey apartment with deck, backyard
« on: February 04, 2018, 04:34:00 PM »