Author Topic: What does Sac's have to do to get more business  (Read 4070 times)

Offline Dodger

• Citizen
Re: What does Sac's have to do to get more business
« Reply #30 on: February 06, 2018, 04:24:16 PM »
Yeah maybe the best thing we can do for Sac's is stop speculating about their demise.  My sense is neighborhood (non-fancy/destination) pizza and sushi places do most of their trade in delivery these days. Slightly forlorn restaurant spaces may not be a cause for concern.

Oceanic Boil is different because I think people prefer to eat a messy food like a seafood boil in the restaurant rather than bring it into the home.  And it helps that their crab and sauces are delicious and their service is really sweet and friendly. That place is a lot of fun.

Offline lalochezia

• Council Member
« Reply #31 on: February 06, 2018, 04:30:00 PM »
Yeah maybe the best thing we can do for Sac's is stop speculating

whoa there. without ill-informed speculation, this place would be a ghost town!

Offline CaptainFlannel

• Mayor
« Reply #32 on: February 06, 2018, 06:05:52 PM »
I have often wondered how Tomo's which is next door to Sac's has survived all these years.  I was a regular for years until Okawa opened 3 years ago just 1/2 block from my apartment. 

I can't believe that Sac's is not doing an incredible business considering its reputation and quality food and yet Thomas Pizza just 3 blocks away on 83rd Street is still in business.  I'm guessing that Sac's location on 86 Street is far less expensive than similar space on 76 Street and they felt they had the reputation to attract customers regardless of where they settled.   Sac is now open 16 months and I'm not certain what they can do to make it.  Imagine, no customers on a Saturday evening.  Not having a bathroom is a big minus especially for young families that ptbass75 mentioned.  Louie sure knew what he was doing when he opened directly across the Street from Elmhurst Hospital.

Tomo is also better than Okawa. And that bakery next to Tomo always has people in it.

I don't know why everyone assumes being closer to the heart of the historic district is necessary for a restaurant to succeed. For all we know Sac's is pulling in tons of business from delivery. Have you guys failed to notice all the apartment buildings that surround the buildings these places are located? I like to know my food is being prepared nearby, so I'm going to give greater weight to the closer restaurant most of the time, especially if a long delivery time is going to affect the food (like pizza). We prefer Louie's, but I'll consider Sac's once in awhile (mostly on Sundays).

Offline hfm

• Council Member
« Reply #33 on: February 10, 2018, 01:26:21 PM »
We are in the upper 70's and order from Sac's quite often. I wish they had a wood-fired coal brick oven like the Astoria location, but it's still good pizza.

Offline Simka

• Council Member
« Reply #34 on: February 25, 2018, 09:02:06 PM »
We are in the upper 70's and order from Sac's quite often. I wish they had a wood-fired coal brick oven like the Astoria location, but it's still good pizza.
I've ordered from there a few times but have never visited in person (I'm in the low 70s). I like the pizza, but a brick oven would be a plus!

Offline missmarty

• Council Member
« Reply #35 on: March 18, 2018, 09:54:39 AM »
I think Sac's should market their pasta dishes more. They are delicious and home made.
They also do platters and cater. This is what could keep them in business during low sales at the counter/walk in business.

A bunch of new and good restaurants are in business here on the Upper East Side of JH.
I see a restaurant row coming. (Oceanic Boil, Bacchue, Wings Miller, Jackson Gyro)

Offline fillmorep

• Citizen
« Reply #36 on: March 18, 2018, 05:31:35 PM »
Totally agree about the homemade pasta. Truly a cut above. I am addicted to the mushroom ravioli.

Offline JH3525

• Activist
« Reply #37 on: March 18, 2018, 06:24:09 PM »
I just became aware of there $10.00 two course during the week $10.00 lunch special which I plan to take advantage of starting this week.  I love bargain lunch specials. 

Offline jeanette

• Mayor
« Reply #38 on: March 18, 2018, 08:30:08 PM »
I think Sac's should market their pasta dishes more.
A bunch of new and good restaurants are in business here on the Upper East Side of JH.
(Oceanic Boil, Bacchue, Wings Miller, Jackson Gyro)

Not new, but popular: La Gran Uruguaya, Urubamba and Pollos A La Brasa Mario; Barilles and Margarita's, also.

Offline CaptainFlannel

• Mayor
« Reply #39 on: March 19, 2018, 02:51:14 PM »
I remain surprised at how many people seem to think they know how successful the business is or isn't, based on...walking by the business sometimes.

Jackson Heights Life

« Reply #39 on: March 19, 2018, 02:51:14 PM »