Author Topic: Chateau  (Read 1877 times)

Offline Peggoo

• Tourist
Chateau
« on: October 21, 2017, 01:19:50 PM »
I will be looking at an apartment for sale at the Chateau.  Wondering about a few things:  Is the garden child-friendly?  Is it true that the garden is sinking and people are not allowed to walk or sit on the grass?  Do the slate roofs need (costly) repairs?  Any and all info regarding this bldg would be greatly appreciated!  Thank you!

Offline JHexplorer

• Tourist
Re: Chateau
« Reply #1 on: December 10, 2017, 06:09:33 PM »
The garden is moderately child-friendly. Kids run around the path and play games. Yesterday with the big snowfall kids were out building snowmen and throwing snowballs.  But it's not encouraged that people play games like soccer or anything that could tear up the grass. The chateau has beautiful flowers and greenery and its expected people respect the space. Over the summer I laid out on the grass a few times and read a book. There are also benches to sit on throughout the garden. A few times a year the Chateau hosts community-wide garden parties where everyone can mingle.

I'm unsure if the garden is sinking. I haven't really heard anything about it. Each building is in charge of its own roof repairs so it behooves you to ask about the roof for the building you're looking into. My building got a new roof before we moved in. I don't think it was cheap, but that didn't effect us since it was already paid for by the time we bought.

The Chateau is really great. The garden is stunning The fireplaces work. The people really love living here and have been very welcoming. Good luck on your search.

Offline toque198

• Activist
« Reply #2 on: December 12, 2017, 03:29:12 AM »
Not good neighbors...

Only thing I know is that they have oil delivered between 1 and 3 am.  This has been for at least the last four years.

Jackson Heights Life

« Reply #2 on: December 12, 2017, 03:29:12 AM »