Author Topic: Okawa Sushi and Saw Shack recent health department inspections -- ick!  (Read 1574 times)

Offline faithhealer

• Tourist
This isn't going to stop me from going to Saw Shack—the best Chinese takeout in Jackson Heights.

Offline Liz

• Activist
I agree!

Offline petegart

• Activist
I too am a fan of Saw Shack!  About a week ago I was thinking about beef with orang flavor.  I called them and they said it's on the menu.  It was perfect. 

Offline dssjh

• Mayor
i like saw shack, but i still prefer JJ Garden for their willingness to actually add spice to dishes that should be spicy, and their wider variety of seafood. Saw Shack is very fresh and clean tasting, but a little bland and Americanized a lot of times.

Offline CaptainFlannel

• Mayor
their misstatement on the number of critical violations (which might be a simple typo)

simple typos are writing "tree" instead of "three" or "too" instead of "two." A misstatement of critical violations is exactly that, a misstatement. Whether it is deliberate or not is a different story, but making a mistake when posting about the number of critical violations is definitely not a typo.

Besides delivering food, and making money off us, what else do they contribute?

employment.

Offline Jhx

• Citizen
Like every business on the planet

Offline CaptainFlannel

• Mayor
^And yet you asked the question. Your question has been answered.

Offline dssjh

• Mayor
noticed that another local place was shuttered today by DOH (date on the sticker was 7/18, actually) - after several "A" ratings going back to their opening. last inspection, a few months ago, was an "A," so it's a bit surprising.

Offline dssjh

• Mayor
http://jacksonheightspost.com/halal-restaurant-on-37th-avenue-temporarily-closed-by-heath-dept

yep, that's the one. it's weird to see a place go from a string of "A" grades to a total fail that way. it's always seemed clean to me - and you can see into the kitchen - but things aren't always obvious.

Offline dssjh

• Mayor
reopened today, grade pending sign and some straightening up inside.

Jackson Heights Life