Author Topic: Dog-friendly buildings  (Read 3659 times)

Offline jhjefe

• Citizen
Re: Dog-friendly buildings
« Reply #15 on: July 14, 2017, 10:23:05 AM »
I would argue that buildings that allow dogs benefit as far as higher prices -- after all, if you lose the dog-owner as a potential buyer, your "demand" decreases.

This ignores the obvious fact that some buyers value a dog-free building.

Offline jh35

• Council Member
« Reply #16 on: July 14, 2017, 10:45:39 AM »
I would argue that buildings that allow dogs benefit as far as higher prices -- after all, if you lose the dog-owner as a potential buyer, your "demand" decreases.

This ignores the obvious fact that some buyers value a dog-free building.

Washington Plaza was a dog free rental building. Now it is a dog friendly co-op building. We love the barking and the urine.

The city recently cut down a young dead tree in the sidewalk. It was there for a couple of years. The dogs had been urinating on it. The other tree next to it is half dead.

Maybe they could make the pool into a dog friendly urinal.

Offline jhjefe

• Citizen
« Reply #17 on: July 14, 2017, 03:02:06 PM »

We love the barking and the urine.

Ovious fact ignored Number 2: steaming coilers of dog poop on the sidewalk. Inevitably tracked into the building bcs, well, its now on your shoes...

Offline Lilybell

• Mayor
« Reply #18 on: July 14, 2017, 04:05:45 PM »
Washington Plaza was a dog free rental building. Now it is a dog friendly co-op building. We love the barking and the urine.

Washington Plaza was never truly dog free even though the lease said no pets allowed. There were 4 dogs in my building the entire 10 years I lived in it.  There are at least 6 dogs in the A building, and every single one of them is the pet of a tenant, not of a new owner. 

Offline Simka

• Council Member
« Reply #19 on: July 16, 2017, 09:36:13 PM »

The city recently cut down a young dead tree in the sidewalk. It was there for a couple of years. The dogs had been urinating on it. The other tree next to it is half dead.

Maybe they could make the pool into a dog friendly urinal.

Shhhh!!!

Jackson Heights Life

« Reply #19 on: July 16, 2017, 09:36:13 PM »