Author Topic: Veterinarian recommendation?  (Read 3653 times)

Online deja

• Activist
Re: Veterinarian recommendation?
« Reply #15 on: August 29, 2018, 02:00:30 PM »
My catchildren have been seeing Dr. Smith at Astoria for many years.  She's wonderful.

Offline Jeannette D

• Tourist
« Reply #16 on: September 19, 2018, 10:45:51 AM »
I am huge fan of Juniper Valley Animal Hospital...  My 8 year old mix had a very bad gastro problem and I was seen in 20 min, he was admitted for 2 days and and all inclusive my bill
was less than 1 night at other places... the techs called me with updates and they were so good to him  ( and me who was freaking out)

Offline divanatrix

• Council Member
« Reply #17 on: September 25, 2018, 07:41:46 AM »
My two cents.

Went to Noah’s Ark for a few years with a few cats we’ve had over the years. Tried to tell myself it was great despite being in a really tiny location, idiot receptionists, long wait times, super high prices, super expensive services “suggested”, Dr Tello’s  dad seemed to have taken over Saturday appointments  and is grossly incompetent. (2 years ago I brought my 15 year old cat in and he told me that she’s probably going to die soon and then tried to sell me on thousands of dollars of dental cleanings for her. Guess what, she’s still alive, asshole.)

Final straw was their office not noticing an obvious heart murmur on a cat he’d been seeing regularly since he was a kitten. He had a heart disease that we could have been treating early on, but instead we lost him before he turned 3.(Thanks to Blue Pearl and their cardiologist we were able to manage it once found.)

I now go to Heights Animal Clinic on 35th Ave.

Never will I set door in Noah’s Ark or ever refer anyone there again.

Online deja

• Activist
« Reply #18 on: September 27, 2018, 12:36:13 PM »
I helped an elderly neighbor bring her cat to Dr Tello a couple of years ago.  I have no idea if he's a good vet or not, but I was really nonplussed at the hard sell they attempted.  Everything was a package for multiples of hundreds of dollars down to charges for nail clipping and ear cleaning, and I'm not talking about an extra ten bucks. 

I've been a cat owner for just about all of my adult life and have never been charged extra over the cost of an examination for minor maintenance like swabbing out ears or trimming claws.  Heck, I wasn't even charged for the cost of time when I was instructed in how to administer subq fluids and injections...

Offline toque198

• Activist
« Reply #19 on: October 09, 2018, 07:27:00 PM »
I'm a big fan of Forest Hills Cat Hospital in Middle Village.
Cats only.
Very caring and engaged Doctors and staff.

http://www.foresthillscathospital.com/

Jackson Heights Life

« Reply #19 on: October 09, 2018, 07:27:00 PM »