Author Topic: JH People against Trump - Women's March on NYC, Saturday Jan. 21  (Read 2251 times)

Offline lmaniace

• Council Member
This looks interesting: Jackson Heights People Against Trump, aka the Women's March on NYC on FB. See link below.

Get heard and get some exercise at the same time. A chance to meet up in Jackson Heights and take the subway to Grand Central and then to the UN where the march begins at 11 a.m. It finishes at, where else, Trump Tower.
www.facebook.com/JHPeopleAgainstTrump/

Offline violet13

• Tourist
Re: JH People against Trump - Women's March on NYC, Saturday Jan. 21
« Reply #1 on: January 11, 2017, 08:49:27 AM »
I'm going! It's a good opportunity for anyone not able to make it to DC to voice their protest.

https://thehumanfirstsociety.org/

Offline lmaniace

• Council Member
« Reply #2 on: January 11, 2017, 05:19:55 PM »
Thank you Violet.
If folks are interested in participating in the Jan. 21 march, they should check the above FB page to see when and where people will be leaving from.
The idea is to encourage a large contingent from JH. We are an active and progressive community. Here's a chance to show that, again.
Thanks, again.

Offline JH3525

• Activist
« Reply #3 on: January 11, 2017, 07:12:56 PM »
Womenfordonaldtrumpcom

Offline dssjh

• Mayor
« Reply #4 on: January 11, 2017, 11:06:59 PM »
Womenfordonaldtrumpcom

funny that more than half of the listed supporters of "women for donald trump" are men.

guess he really grabbed them by the .... imagination.

Offline lmaniace

• Council Member
« Reply #5 on: January 14, 2017, 12:35:14 PM »
DSSJH, great observation.

Meanwhile I expect the Women's March on NYC - next Saturday's anti-Trump event here - will have a much better representation of women (funny how that works out,) though I expect will also have a good number of men, too, since ALL are invited, and I might add, have a responsibility attend.

As Jason Robards playing Washington Post editor Ben Bradley in All the Presidents Men said in a crucial scene "Nothing's riding on this except the, uh, First Amendment to the Constitution, freedom of the press and maybe the future of the country" and (my addition) the planet.

Offline FreyaG

• Tourist
« Reply #6 on: January 15, 2017, 01:22:07 PM »
So how does that work? Where do I register?

Offline Songodd

• Citizen
« Reply #7 on: January 15, 2017, 08:26:56 PM »
 Trumputin is an idiot. i was trying to encourage my friend to go-maybe if she knows people are going together.

Offline Songodd

• Citizen
« Reply #8 on: January 15, 2017, 08:36:37 PM »
Womenfordonaldtrumpcom

funny that more than half of the listed supporters of "women for donald trump" are men.

probably headed by kellyanne Conartist

guess he really grabbed them by the .... imagination.

Offline lmaniace

• Council Member
« Reply #9 on: January 15, 2017, 11:19:00 PM »
No need to register separately; we've registered as the Jackson Heights People against Trump aka the Women's March on NYC. Anyone who wants to walk with us should be at Dag H. Plaza at the UN no later than 12:30. Some of us will be leaving from JH around 11:30.

Final details are not complete; for instance we haven't come up with a meeting place in JH yet, but we will shortly. Folks who come on their own would then have to look for your neighbors, if you want to join your neighbors. There may be some banners. Among those participating will be the New Visions Democratic Club from Jackson Heights.

Please check https://www.facebook.com/JHPeopleAgainstTrump/ for updates during the week.

Offline lmaniace

• Council Member
« Reply #10 on: January 19, 2017, 01:03:21 AM »
No need to register if you join in the JH contingent which begins to gather at corner of 75 and Roosevelt by pizza place about 11:15 with first group leaving at 11:30 and second group leaving at 11:45. Will have more news on the above FB page Thursday.

Offline JH3525

• Activist
« Reply #11 on: January 20, 2017, 01:19:33 PM »
JH People Against Trump = Get A Life.  Accept the fact that your president is Donald J Trump.  America will once again be great again.  God Bless America and Donald J Trump. 

Offline theplanesland

• Council Member
« Reply #12 on: January 20, 2017, 01:36:47 PM »
JH People Against Trump = Get A Life.

We already have lives. And we don't want to lose them! That's why we're marching against Donald Trump.

I'm concerned about your lack of a life if you don't have one, though. But I don't think he's going to help you get one.

Offline dssjh

• Mayor
« Reply #13 on: January 20, 2017, 03:05:35 PM »
this is going to go nowhere fast.

how a trump diehard can stomach living in Jackson Heights -- with "those" people and *those* people, not to mention THOSE people -- baffles me.

JH People Against Trump = Get A Life.  Accept the fact that your president is Donald J Trump.  America will once again be great again.  God Bless America and Donald J Trump.

Offline lmaniace

• Council Member
« Reply #14 on: January 20, 2017, 03:53:10 PM »
Weather looks good for tomorrow's march. (See link below.)
Don't get down. We are NOT alone. In fact there are more of us than them. There will be a lot of positive people and energy on the street. Fight depression; join us for the march.
http://www.accuweather.com/en/us/jackson-heights-ny/11372/daily-weather-forecast/4154_pc?day=2
[/b]

Jackson Heights Life

« Reply #14 on: January 20, 2017, 03:53:10 PM »