Author Topic: floor refinisher recommendations?  (Read 509 times)

Offline dssjh

• Mayor
floor refinisher recommendations?
« on: January 10, 2017, 03:25:15 PM »
wondered if anyone had any, and any advice on the logistics of doing a job in a 2 BR that's fairly heavily stocked with furniture. how long a process are we looking at?
thanks in advance for any advice.

Offline Cassat

• Citizen
Re: floor refinisher recommendations?
« Reply #1 on: January 12, 2017, 02:39:13 PM »
Hi dssjh, I posted this earlier in another thread - last year I had very good results in repairing (removing stains), sanding and re-finishing my floors with Richard Fiallos at US Wood Floor Corp.,  646-739-7535.

Offline am315

• Tourist
« Reply #2 on: February 07, 2017, 11:25:45 AM »
I would highly recommend Polish Wood Flooring. Call Grzegorz at 347-432-8548.

His crew did my place two months ago and did an amazing job. They aren't just your standard floor refinishers. Greg will come and evaluate the entire condition of your floor and give you an idea of spots that might need repair or deeper work.

I have a 2.5 bedroom and it took about a week. Yours may take longer given they will likely have to move/store all the furniture to one room, work on the empty room and them move the stuff back.

Anything you can do to reduce the amount of furniture will really help. Maybe put some in temporary storage? Ask a neighbor to hold a few small pieces?

I also suggest this because sanding is a very dirty job. Dust gets everywhere. Even after they vacuumed it up I found dust in my closets, etc.

Good luck.

Jackson Heights Life

« Reply #2 on: February 07, 2017, 11:25:45 AM »