Author Topic: Status of Swim Two Birds Restaurant  (Read 67832 times)

Offline rhydewithdis

• Council Member
Re: Status of Swim Two Birds Restaurant
« Reply #390 on: May 30, 2019, 03:10:39 PM »
great, so if the lights are working they must be opening soon. can't wait!

Offline ljr

• Council Member
« Reply #391 on: May 30, 2019, 10:41:17 PM »
You know how there are a lot of believe-it-or-not, strange-but-true podcasts out now? I was thinking the saga of this place would make a great podcast series--it's a story shrouded in mystery with a lot of dramatic elements and a real estate angle--great material! I think the idea came to me because I am dying to know: what gives? How can this place be sitting there almost fully renovated and just...nothing is happening, one way or the other. Of course, it also took The Queensboro an extremely long time to emerge, so maybe this is just a longer version of that story. While other establishments in JH quickly open and eventually close. It's all so mysterious.

Offline dssjh

• Mayor
« Reply #392 on: May 31, 2019, 06:24:13 PM »
i'll give Stew's investors credit for sinking four years' worth of rent -- gotta be $350-400K by now -- into the project if it actually is still alive (there's no LoopNet listing to indicate otherwise).

Offline SimoneB

• Resident
« Reply #393 on: June 01, 2019, 10:24:44 AM »
You know how there are a lot of believe-it-or-not, strange-but-true podcasts out now? I was thinking the saga of this place would make a great podcast series--it's a story shrouded in mystery with a lot of dramatic elements and a real estate angle--great material! I think the idea came to me because I am dying to know: what gives? How can this place be sitting there almost fully renovated and just...nothing is happening, one way or the other. Of course, it also took The Queensboro an extremely long time to emerge, so maybe this is just a longer version of that story. While other establishments in JH quickly open and eventually close. It's all so mysterious.

yes, thinking the same :)

Offline carrefour_ny

• Mayor
« Reply #394 on: June 03, 2019, 09:53:00 AM »
So, the discussion here about STB piqued my curiosity and I took a peek through the brown paper. It seems like there is some electronic equipment delivered and stacked on the counter, which I don't remember seeing in the past. So doubtful as I am that this place will open, maybe there is some activity happening there.

Offline ljr

• Council Member
« Reply #395 on: June 03, 2019, 01:40:44 PM »
When we were peering inside one evening, one of the supers on our block passed by and called out to us: "It's opening in two weeks!" But upon reflection, we think he was joking.

Offline Di_11372

• Activist
« Reply #396 on: June 03, 2019, 07:08:29 PM »

If anything opens in that space, I'm pretty sure it won't be STBs

Offline dssjh

• Mayor
« Reply #397 on: June 03, 2019, 07:29:51 PM »
When we were peering inside one evening, one of the supers on our block passed by and called out to us: "It's opening in two weeks!" But upon reflection, we think he was joking.

judging by the tone of posts from the investor and the chef back in their first and second opening eras, i don't think supers are in their circle of confidantes.

Jackson Heights Life

« Reply #397 on: June 03, 2019, 07:29:51 PM »